Turn on thread page Beta

FAILED 6 times watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i have now failed my driving test for the 6th time...and it has cost me around £700 and have had about 50 lessons

will i ever pass?

its getting to a point where i cant afford it anymore. and the more tests i take the more nervous i am.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that.

I started learning to drive when I turned 17, had about 50 lessons, took my test a year later and failed. Then I stopped learning. I'm nearly 20 now, I wish I had continued.

Well done for continuing with it, I wish I had've done. It might not seem like it now, but when you've passed you will feel so happy and proud of yourself I'm sure. Try not to be disheartened, you will pass eventually!

Good luck for the next time round!

ReputationRep:
    Whats the main thing you fail on every time?

I'm yet to take mine,but before i do,i'm going to take a mock one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tesh^^)
    Whats the main thing you fail on every time?

I'm yet to take mine,but before i do,i'm going to take a mock one.
    it really depends on the day for me...when im having lessons i can make no mistakes what so ever...but on other days when i do make mistakes i make loads.

i keep failing on random things really...roundabouts...left reverse staling 5 times in the test...etc

ReputationRep:
    Ever get the impression that some people just aren't meant to drive?

ReputationRep:
    My mum failed 8 times.

Had 200 lessons. (The guy turned out to be a fraud, I had my lessons with him and then AA refunded some of my money back cus he wasn't teaching properly)

In the end, she passed. I'm still surprised as to how she did it. :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej)
    Ever get the impression that some people just aren't meant to drive?
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gars de baccalaureats)
    i have now failed my driving test for the 6th time...and it has cost me around £700 and have had about 50 lessons

will i ever pass?
    Im sorry i think there should be a limit. You obviouly should not be on the road as you are either too stupid or just not up to it. Thats not your fault but if you do pass one asumes you'll slip back in to your old bad ways and mow some poor person down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiel)
    Im sorry i think there should be a limit. You obviouly should not be on the road as you are either too stupid or just not up to it. Thats not your fault but if you do pass one asumes you'll slip back in to your old bad ways and mow some poor person down.
    I agree.

If you took enough tests, you would eventually pass, but you would still be a **** driver.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robob)
    I agree.

If you took enough tests, you would eventually pass, but you would still be a **** driver.
    To some extent. But you're saying it like a fact. The important questions are; who were the 50 lessons taken with? how much gap was there between each lesson? was there any private lesson time? when were the six tests taken in relation to the lessons? and how long has it been since taken the theory?

Do you agree that learning takes time? do you also agree that people learn at different rates? and don't you think we all make mistakes?

I am critical here because you're implying that me having passed after taking 50+ lessons and 4 tests, that I am a '**** driver*, well I challenge you; I'm a better driver than you(if you are one).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decota)
    To some extent. But you're saying it like a fact. The important questions are; who were the 50 lessons taken with? how much gap was there between each lesson? was there any private lesson time? when were the six tests taken in relation to the lessons? and how long has it been since taken the theory?

Do you agree that learning takes time? do you also agree that people learn at different rates? and don't you think we all make mistakes?

I am critical here because you're implying that me having passed after taking 50+ lessons and 4 tests, that I am a '**** driver*, well I challenge you; I'm a better driver than you(if you are one).
    I am saying, statistically, I dont think that someone who can't pass one out of 6 driving tests is a good enough driver to be allowed on the roads.

And I'm not a driver.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robob)
    I am saying, statistically, I dont think that someone who can't pass one out of 6 driving tests is a good enough driver to be allowed on the roads.

And I'm not a driver.
    You're previous post didn't say 'statistically' or probably.

Although I agree with this post, it shouldnt be ascertained by a non-driver.

ReputationRep:
    You're previous post didn't say 'statistically' or probably.

Although I agree with this post, it shouldnt be ascertained by a non-driver.
    Sorry, it should have done, since there is no other way to determine it.

Sorry, what? How are my views on this rendered useless because I can't drive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robob)
    Sorry, what? How are my views on this rendered useless because I can't drive?
    Because the topic is about driving... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Because the topic is about driving... :rolleyes:
    :rolleyes:

Don't be an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is allowed an opinion.

ReputationRep:
    My friend failed 7 times. Passed the 8th.
    Meanwhile I passed first time and completely
    rubbed it in her face haha. Yes, I know... mean.
    But, at least you know... any problems you previously had...
    you've probabally overcame them :-)

ReputationRep:
    A friend finally passed his test at the 9th time...he scares the living crap out of me when i'm in the car..and to be honest i have to admit i'm not exactly a sunday driver so i do see some reasoning behind the whole some people aren't meant to drive theory....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiel)
    I agree with you to some extent

There was a programme on about learner drivers a while ago on ITV I think, and this one woman was on her 15th attempt or something like that! Ridiculous really! I dont think Id ever feel safe going in a car with her anyway!! She did eventually pass in the end, then the next day she was off out taking her baby grandkid in the car!!!

Someone I work with is now on her 9th attempt, she comes in every 3/4 weeks or so and shes like "Ive failed my driving test again". I dont say anything because well, what do you say to that??

ReputationRep:
    Some of the stuff you fail for in a test is nonse sence in terms of safe driving and at the same time you can pass and still be a dangerous driver.

The answer to you question really depends on how you fail (how many majors, minors etc).

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.