I am looking for summer programs in the International Relations/Politics/Social Science/Security matrix. There are tons of them on the market, but it is a real pain to investigate every single one of them for quality. It seems many are just standard courses for the broad public, some with non-university lecturers, nothing wrong with that but when you actually want a thematic introduction that you can use for university level studies it´s probably not the right choice.
Hence my trying to shortcut the process and ask for your knowledge and experience. What I am looking for is:
- a useful and "real academic" level
- lecturers from the actual university body (or at least PhD students from the departments)
- not a criteria but I wouldn't mind submitting a paper and/or gaining credit points during the course
- also not a criteria but a well respected uni/department wouldn't hurt once you´re out spending cash anyway...
I found some courses at KCL that looked like fulfilling the criteria (not sure about the lecturers though). Any other suggestions for universities with high quality summer schools?
Thank you very much!
Which summer schools are really GOOD? Watch
- Thread Starter
- 17-08-2016 08:52
Offline20ReputationRep:TSR Support TeamVery Important PosterPS ReviewerClearing and Applications Advisor
- TSR Support Team
- Very Important Poster
- PS Reviewer
- Clearing and Applications Advisor
- 17-08-2016 09:34
You may struggle to get answers on here and it's not the best idea to rely on other people anyway as no one can tell you what's right for you. Dop your own research.
Online19ReputationRep:Community AssistantCV Helper
- Community Assistant
- CV Helper
- 17-08-2016 17:45
Try the Pembroke/Kings programme at Cambridge
Posted from TSR Mobile