Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    a girl i know, when asked for ID in liverpool, actually once said to the bouncers "do I LOOK like i need ID????!"

sufficed to say she was let in no problems
    Obviously she did need it, otherwise she wouldnt of been asked for it?

ReputationRep:
    well yeah, if she had it she would have produced it rather than retorting with that.

i found it quite amusing though

ReputationRep:
    i look 17 or 18 years old even though i am 15 years old, maybe it is because of height,which is 6ft

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    im 18 and ppl think im 13/14 im only 5ft and petite though so its really difficult, does any1 have any tips. by the way coz i do quite a bit of sport i cant dress up all the time :rolleyes:
    i know how youv feel.
    im 19 and ppl think im about 14/15 and im also 5ft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sprite)
    i know how youv feel.
    have you tried everything? dress sophisticated...that always makes everyone look that much bit more mature and possibly older. also try getting a different hair style..again a sophisticated one. it might help, i know it has for some of my friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    have you tried everything? dress sophisticated...that always makes everyone look that much bit more mature and possibly older. also try getting a different hair style..again a sophisticated one. it might help, i know it has for some of my friends
    my hair is just long and straigt. i dont get it cut short coz it makes me look younger. and for me dressing differently dont help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    Sorry, but all this confidence stuff is *******s. Confidence is natural, you cant fake it, and if you act confident you just look stupid and people can see right through it.
    confidence is something you develop.
    if you dont start to show confidence in yourself then when are you gonna learn to develop it??

ReputationRep:
    i know how youv feel.
    I think there is call for a "We're 5ft, isn't it crap??" support group

When I turned 18, one of my presents was in a big sparkly red gift box with a bow on it. I walked around with it all day and I wasn't IDed once! Shame it isn't practical..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)

When I turned 18, one of my presents was in a big sparkly red gift box with a bow on it. I walked around with it all day and I wasn't IDed once! Shame it isn't practical..

aww are u 5ft as well.
    when i turned 19 a present from one of my mates was a bright pink bag which made me look more like a kid!

ReputationRep:

One of the girls from my school looked really young when she was 17 and wanted to go out so whenever she went out she just wore an '18 today' badge and a silly hat and she always got in to pubs/clubs without a problem

ReputationRep:
    aww are u 5ft as well.
    when i turned 19 a present from one of my mates was a bright pink bag which made me look more like a kid!
    Yes
    heheheh I own a bright pink bag.. perhaps that's been my problem all along, my fondness of things brightly coloured!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    One of the girls from my school looked really young when she was 17 and wanted to go out so whenever she went out she just wore an '18 today' badge and a silly hat and she always got in to pubs/clubs without a problem
    LOL I would have tried that if I'd actually been bothered to get in!

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    heheheh I own a bright pink bag.. perhaps that's been my problem all along, my fondness of things brightly coloured!
    least you like your bag..... i dont like my one.
    another problem is i dont really like wearing heels!!

ReputationRep:

what clothes do u wear?
    when i used to make an effort i think i looked younger bt now im accustomed to student lifestyle i go out in jeans n t-shirts sumtimes and never get Id'd

x o x

ReputationRep:

i think you should try and wear heels. it will make you look taller, you can wear longer trousers and it will really help you look older. try smaller heels first and then move on to the big ones. im sure you will be able to get used to them in no time. what do you wear when you go out at night?
    xx

ReputationRep:
    It's an aquired taste.. I like wearing heels, they make me feel all ladylike and refined!

ReputationRep:
    im 5ft 1 and 18 and still get ID'd for pretty much anything!
    try to wear sophisticated clothes .e.g if your going out at night try not to wear a short skirt, wear black trousers instead
    i like wearing skirts tho so i usually team them with a suit jacket/blazer thing
    but if uve got ID its no problem! its funnier coz they dont expect you to be old enough n then u whip the passport out mwah ha ha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    im 18 and ppl think im 13/14 im only 5ft and petite though so its really difficult, does any1 have any tips. by the way coz i do quite a bit of sport i cant dress up all the time :rolleyes:
    i have the opposite problem! ........when i was 13 i went to collect my little brother from school and his techer thought i was 17!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pollo Loco)
    ... and an annoying tendancy to call everyone "love" or "dear".
    Ha ha I do that, to be patronising sometimes I'm a ***** but it is a nice endearing term in my opinion ...

ReputationRep:
    If you really want to look older being busty would be a great advantage.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.