The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Low N-number

Hi Guys,

Well, it's been a while... I'm returning to the university in my 30's to take a PGCE and become a chemistry teacher.

Trent gives every student an N-number, and they're recycling my old one so it's probably going to be obvious that I'm a few years out of date.

I'm really hoping to spend some time "being a student" and make some friends. Amongst other things I'm a mandarin speaker and it'll be nice to get a chance to practice in a student community again... I'm not too old am I?
Original post by polysci
Hi Guys,

Well, it's been a while... I'm returning to the university in my 30's to take a PGCE and become a chemistry teacher.

Trent gives every student an N-number, and they're recycling my old one so it's probably going to be obvious that I'm a few years out of date.

I'm really hoping to spend some time "being a student" and make some friends. Amongst other things I'm a mandarin speaker and it'll be nice to get a chance to practice in a student community again... I'm not too old am I?

Hi polysci,

Please don't worry about age, you won't be the youngest, but there will be definitely postgraduates who will be a similar age or older than you!

Just because you are a postgraduate student, it doesn't mean you can't be involved in Welcome Week and the events. There is a postgraduate BBQ, which will be a good place to meet other postgraduate students and you can still get involved in societies. Have a look at the list we have below:

NTSU Societies

I don't think we had a Mandarin Society, but if there is enough interest, you could certainly set one up!

Let me know if you have any more questions :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
As long as you haven't halted recruitment from Taiwan and China I'll find someone to practice with!
Original post by polysci
As long as you haven't halted recruitment from Taiwan and China I'll find someone to practice with!

Well we definitely haven't done that! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending