Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A big congratulations to those that are going to the university!

You can use this thread to say hello to fellow students and discuss how excited you are to begin your fantastic journey!

This thread is yours, take it away
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    WELCOME TO ANGLIA RUSKIN!

We're super happy to have you join #TeamARU!

If you'd like some more information about joining us, take a look at our WELCOME PAGE.

And don't forget to download the ARU APP - you can get instant access to your emails, study time tables, fresher events and more!

ReputationRep:
    I'm way too excited about the whole thing. I'm 30 and will be starting as a mature student doing the extended Marine Biology degree and I just can't wait!

At the same time, I'm finding it all a bit daunting as well. I've been employed for the last 15 years, to suddenly go back into education, I'm not sure I know what I'm letting myself in for LOL. I imagine the freshers will think I'm a tutor who's gatecrashing their parties.

Ring of fire anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I am also starting as a mature student...I am 37 and doing Criminology. A little anxious at the prospective of being the oldest one there. But, really looking forward to it one the less.

I am commuting into the city from Bury st Edmunds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerryRey)
    I am also starting as a mature student...I am 37 and doing Criminology. A little anxious at the prospective of being the oldest one there. But, really looking forward to it one the less.

I am commuting into the city from Bury st Edmunds.
    Hi KerryRey and wahaj17

I'm really pleased you'll be joining us at Anglia Ruskin!

Our student community is extremely diverse and has students aged 18-80!

If you'd like to know more about being a mature student at Anglia Ruskin, have a look at our Guide For Mature Students, or give us a call on 01245686868 if you have any questions.

All the best!

ReputationRep:
    So happy to see there are going to be other mature students!! I'm worried that I'll be the oldest on my course (I'm 31, and doing Optometry), so it's really encouraging to know there will be others around who are commuting in, trying to remember how study and write essays, and gatecrashing parties etc. (maybe we could have our own??) ;-) Really excited though, and looking forward to meeting people!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stripey_socks)
    So happy to see there are going to be other mature students!! I'm worried that I'll be the oldest on my course (I'm 31, and doing Optometry), so it's really encouraging to know there will be others around who are commuting in, trying to remember how study and write essays, and gatecrashing parties etc. (maybe we could have our own??) ;-) Really excited though, and looking forward to meeting people!!
    We're really excited that you're joining us too!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.