Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just noticed that the course they wrote on my notification letter and payment schedule letter is not completely correct. I am going to study "International Hotel and Resort Management" but in the documents it says " International Hotelmanagement SW". But this course does not even exist in the course list of my university.
    I think I need to explain a little more. In April I've tried to apply online but I couldn't find my course in the list (International Hotel and Resort Management), so I chose a similiar one (International Hotelmanagement) even though this does not exist in the course list of my Uni. I called Student Finance England and explained my problem. They told me that EU Students do not apply online but need to fill out papers. So I printed them out and filled it out again. This time I wrote the right name of my course. When I got the notification letter I just was happy that it got accepted and I didn't notice that they wrote the wrong course again.
    What should I do and how do I fix this?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi, what university are you going to and how long is the course? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield Hallam University and my course length is 3 years + 1 year workplacement.

Thank your for answering!!!!!!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

Our online applications are linked to the University/College database which means you will only be able to select courses which they have input themselves as available courses.

It sounds likely that the name on the database is slightly different to the list you are viewing.

The fact this course has 'SW' after it which means 'Sandwich Year' and your course has a placement year, means it may actually be the same course.

I would suggest speaking to your uni to check if this is in fact the correct course and if not, they will have to update their database and send over the changes on your behalf once complete.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!!!! I will contact them now!!! Now I am relieved!!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.