Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi is anyone studyign pharmaceutical sciences at the moment, wat is the course like, and ive applied to de montfort university and my offer i DDD which i will probably get but i worry alot about failing somehow, are the chances of me being accepted even if i get a little bit lower than the offer quite high?

ReputationRep:
    You should be getting DDD, I mean you can't expect to do a science-based course with E's or lower can you?

ReputationRep:
    ill probably get C's to be honest bt i worry alot, and always think of the worst case scenario, i jst wanna kno wat the course is like neway

ReputationRep:
    yay!! some1 doing the same as me...i dnt know wut its all about either, so dnt panic...i'm going to herts though n i need BB and a pass in Chemistry AS, demontfort is my insurance...does anyone know anything bout pharmaceutical science...please???

ReputationRep:
    Im a pharmacy student at Brighton, but I know quite a few people doing Pharmaceutical sciences. They do some of the same modules as us like the chemistry behind the drugs and how drugs are designed and tested etc, while my course is more clinical base. PCS is mainly concerned with the physical make up of the drug, the science behind it, rather than the diseases they treat, side effects and interactions.

At my university there is a chance for PCS students to transfer to pharmacy at the end of the first year.

ReputationRep:
    yer i think de montfort university are offering that as well, dont think id want to switch though, and ive finally found omeone doing pharmaceutical sciences, no1 seems to be doing it for some reason

ReputationRep:
    oh, i dnt think i'd wanna change, cos i want 2 wrk in industry n pharmaceutical sciences is mainly industry based, so i got told....so i think i might just be sticking wiv it ...cos i was thinking i will chnge to pharmacy b4.

ReputationRep:
    I know there are some interesting jobs in industry for pharmacists, and can earn quite abit. But then again pharmacy is a year longer and you have to do another year as a pre-reg so its upto you. My advice would be if you arent interested in how medicines are dispensed, how medicines actually treat disease and the law concerning medicines I would stick with pharm. sciences. But the benefit of being a pharmacist is that you can always work in a pharmacy or hospital when ever you want as a locum and earn a nice tidy wage.

ReputationRep:
    I am doing pharmaceutical science at DeMontfort too!!! i originally applied for pharmacy but i only got a BCD B for chemistry. so they told me i can do pharmacuetical science and if i get over 65% in the first year then i can do pharmacy, which is my plan. I am so glad theres atleast one other person who is doing phacuetical science in de montfort!!! yeyy

Maxan

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 17, 2007

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.