on ParcourSup. You need to be 100% fluent in French though fyi
adamshah012
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by arigziegler)
on ParcourSup. You need to be 100% fluent in French though fyi
ahhh I see, I’ve been studying french for a while now and someone mentioned it’s worth studying for a year prior to the paces year ( to improve french language??) but what would you study during that year?
arigziegler
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by adamshah012)
ahhh I see, I’ve been studying french for a while now and someone mentioned it’s worth studying for a year prior to the paces year ( to improve french language??) but what would you study during that year?
Probably an intensive French language year course?
Unless you're really fluent I wouldn't even try for the PACES tbh, especially if you're eligible for Med school in the UK. I'm a medical student in the UK and speak/write pretty fluent French (i am French) and I'm not even sure I could've done it.
adamshah012
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by arigziegler)
Probably an intensive French language year course?
Unless you're really fluent I wouldn't even try for the PACES tbh, especially if you're eligible for Med school in the UK. I'm a medical student in the UK and speak/write pretty fluent French (i am French) and I'm not even sure I could've done it.
so you wouldn’t even try after the intensive french language course?(with the A-level in french)
Thanks
arigziegler
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by adamshah012)
so you wouldn’t even try after the intensive french language course?(with the A-level in french)
Thanks
Nope. Honestly I think you underestimate how brutal it is and how much you'd struggle as a foreigner. If that's what you really want to do go ahead with the intensive course and maybe try a PACES prepa (basically prep classes for medics trying out for the concours) and re-evaluate after that year but it's going to be insanely hard
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (423)
67.46%
No (204)
32.54%

Watched Threads