?
Report 14 years ago
Honestly i thought it was much easier than the interview itself
BazTheMoney
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's meant to be quite straight forward, at least it was when I did it. It's certainly not meant to be impossible or extremely hard.
Odd Senex
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Actually, just had another look at it, not as difficult as I first thought (I hope!) sorry, momentary panic there.
RxB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's not that hard, you just need to pace yourself. Also you need to state all your assumptions; there seems to be a technique to some questions which isn't obvious.
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Odd Senex)
Please tell me that it's supposed to be extremely difficult!!! :eek:
Probably yes. Don't take notice of what others say, it's usually a load of crap or nonsense. Just try your best and be confident with yourself.
Jessie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It is hard to do properly in the 1 hour i think. When I sat it we had 15 mins reading time and then 1 hour writing.except half the candidates started writing immediately which i thought was a bit unfair and decided to follow suit! You usually have a passage (fairly difficult english - i.e. not something u can scan thru) which is related either to philosophy or politics. then 3 questions i think follow. They're quite open and you need to be careful not to write too much which is very easy. And try to be succint.

Then you get about six questions, each with three words and you must distinguish between their subtle meanings. And then for the economics bit, tends to be statistical - usually with some kind of formula. not too hard, just have to show that the maths doesnt scare you

I don't think I did particularly well and I still got offered a place (although by 2nd choice college - i was the only one to be pooled for PPE by Jesus though so i must've been fairly close)

Just got to be logical, work things through, explain yourself succintly and clearly, and remember it is one bit out of about 6 things admissions tutors will consider and that it is designed to stretch you so they're not expecting (well i hope not anyway) fantastic genius marks.
nooneknows
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Does anyone have any past papers other than the one which is avaliable on the website?
RxB
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by nooneknows)
Does anyone have any past papers other than the one which is avaliable on the website?
I gave mine to the school once I was done with it, but it was really similar.
BazTheMoney
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by nooneknows)
Once you've seen one you've seen them all. There really is very little difference year on year.
safeera
Report 14 years ago
can some1 please send me the link to the test on the website. i tried 2 find it but couldnt lol :mad:

thnks
RxB
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by safeera)
can some1 please send me the link to the test on the website. i tried 2 find it but couldnt lol :mad:

thnks
Go here and click on the PPE link at the bottom.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (957)
79.82%
Leave (242)
20.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed