Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was on facebook checking out my girl's sister facebook page.

And she caught me on her page looking at her pics. And began questioning me as to why I was eyeing up her sister. I told her I wasn't, but her sister was pretty with a very nice booty.

She screwed her face and got offended but never said a word.

The next day she calls me and randomly bursts out that she always thought my brother was " more handsome than me, and always preferred dark skin boys over light skin boys".

And considering my brother is dark and I am light skin, this hurt me, so I started digging into her and verbally insulting her hard!

It was to the point where she began crying and cut the phone on my face.

I bought her a gift and flowers and all that, but she still hasn't forgiven me.

Should I just give up on her, or carry on pursuing her forgiveness?

ReputationRep:
    So you tell your gf her sister is hot (for all intents and purposes) then when she (rightly or wrongly) says exactly the same thing about your and your brother, you get verbally abusive?

Wow you are a gem! I dont Think flowers and gifts is going to cut it. That's not a real apology. You were an asshat and some shame about your behaviour might go a long way. Did you know that that behaviour falls under the spectrum of domestic violence - maybe that will help you manage your behaviour better in future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Tara~)
    So you tell your gf her sister is hot (for all intents and purposes) then when she (rightly or wrongly) says exactly the same thing about your and your brother, you get verbally abusive?

Wow you are a gem! I dont Think flowers and gifts is going to cut it. That's not a real apology. You were an asshat and some shame about your behaviour might go a long way. Did you know that that behaviour falls under the spectrum of domestic violence - maybe that will help you manage your behaviour better in future.
    "Domestic violence"? You cannot be serious.

Otherwise I completely agree with you on the rest.

ReputationRep:
    Making such an open comment about finding her sister attractive was a bad move. Girls rarely want to hear that you find another girl pretty or sexy etc, especially a sibling. That will rouse jealousy and insecurities. You might have kept that to yourself. She was obviously using the comparison to your brother to get back at you --- but you should probably have just ignored it the same way she did initially. There wasn't a need for the verbal abuse. I would give her space for now if I was you.

ReputationRep:
    So you got upset that your girlfriend is a chocolate chaser?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    So you got upset that your girlfriend is a chocolate chaser?
    Never understand girls into that ****. It's pretty racist, favouring one race over another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So what u sayin)
    I was on facebook checking out my girl's sister facebook page.

And she caught me on her page looking at her pics. And began questioning me as to why I was eyeing up her sister. I told her I wasn't, but her sister was pretty with a very nice booty.

She screwed her face and got offended but never said a word.

The next day she calls me and randomly bursts out that she always thought my brother was " more handsome than me, and always preferred dark skin boys over light skin boys".

And considering my brother is dark and I am light skin, this hurt me, so I started digging into her and verbally insulting her hard!

It was to the point where she began crying and cut the phone on my face.

I bought her a gift and flowers and all that, but she still hasn't forgiven me.

Should I just give up on her, or carry on pursuing her forgiveness?
    I say give up on her, go after her sister instead, if she's the hot one hell why not?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.