Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone

I have been offered a place on a Publishing MA course at Kingston University.
    Can anyone tell me if it's a good course and whether or not it will greatly enhance the likelihood of gaining full-time employment in the industry upon graduation?

I would also be grateful to hear from anyone that has done the course and can tell me about their experience.

Thank you!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Look at jobs you're interested in and see what the requirements are. If this course is a requirement you need it. If not then I suspect work experience will help. You'll be as employable as you make yourself.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by hojo12)
    Hello everyone

I have been offered a place on a Publishing MA course at Kingston University.
    Can anyone tell me if it's a good course and whether or not it will greatly enhance the likelihood of gaining full-time employment in the industry upon graduation?

I would also be grateful to hear from anyone that has done the course and can tell me about their experience.

Thank you!
    Hi to quote from our website "
    In addition to building expertise in your own discipline, our courses will also help you to develop key transferable skills that you'll need for professional life or further study once you graduate. As well as a range of careers and employability activities at Kingston, we also offer you the chance to apply and develop your skills in live contexts as an integral part of your course. Opportunities include:
    • placements;
    • working or studying abroad;
    • volunteering;
    • peer mentoring roles; and
    • internship opportunities within and outside the University.
    In your final year, you'll get the opportunity to complete a major 'capstone' project where you can apply the knowledge and skills you have acquired to a range of real issues in different contexts. This is a great way to learn and is a valuable bridge to employment or further research at masters level."and we also have a list of regular employers
    • British Council
    • Bloomsbury
    • Charity Retail Association
    • City & Guilds Publishing
    • Faber
    • Hachette Children's Books
    • Harper Collins
    • Jamie Oliver Books
    • Macmillan
    • Michael O'Mara Books
    • Nelson Croom
    • Nielsen Bookscan
    • News UK
    • Oxford University Press
    • Penguin Random House
    • Phaidon
    • Pickering and Chatto Publishers
    • Simon and Schuster
    • Society of Authors
    • Sony EU
    • Taylor & Francis
    • Walker Books
    • Wiley
    • Waterstones
    • Zed Books
    Here's a link to where I am getting this information from http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergradu...-graduate.html
    Hope you enjoy it
    Emily
    Student ambassador

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.