Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm 23 years old girl, I finished school and I'm not able to find a job and my boyfriend of 3 years broke up with me 3 months ago and he never called or cared to ask about how am I doing like was nothing to him, he just left...I feel helpless and hopeless.I don't know what to do anymore, people my ag are finding jobs and getting married but I'm just getting killed daily by overthinking and stress

Please can anyone help me to find my way, I life in a country where no one believes in women, we're just good for sex to these men and because I refuse to sleep with them they don't let me get the job. I don't know what to do anymore.

ReputationRep:
    23 is still very young! Sure, some other people might be getting married, but that doesn't mean that you should be
    Do you have friends you can talk to, or hobbies? Just something to take your mind off of work and relationships.
    If these are your sole focus, then I can see how it would start to get you down
    Equally, you could probably do with some way of relieving stress... I find that things like writing help me with this, and I know some other people enjoy things like exercise/ yoga?
    Sorry if you feel I've dodged the main issues here- it just seems like you need a way to adjust your outlook and feel more positive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by delrey)
    Hi everyone, I'm 23 years old girl, I finished school and I'm not able to find a job and my boyfriend of 3 years broke up with me 3 months ago and he never called or cared to ask about how am I doing like was nothing to him, he just left...
    I feel helpless and hopeless and I always think of ending my life.
    I don't know what to do anymore, people my ag are finding jobs and getting married but I'm just getting killed daily by overthinking and stress
    Please can anyone help me to find my way, I life in a country where no one believes in women, we're just good for sex to these men and because I refuse to sleep with them they don't let me get the job I don't know what to do anymore I can't deal with this anymore
    The worst feeling is when you have to rely on another person. Forget about that boyfriend of yours. Forget about those nasty employers- don't give into them. Network and surround yourself/ be friends with good women who can help you. For the time being- take care of yourself emotionally and physically. Mental health is a real problem, don't neglect it if you feel like it's taking control of you.
    To add, what you're going through is only temporary. We have no idea what next week holds for us. Fair enough, you may feel that you're stuck in a cycle for now. One way to stop feeling this way is to do other things for the time being. Change up your routine. As the previous poster mentioned- EXCERCISE! It will make you feel much more confident about yourself and your abilities. It'll make you feel good, and it can act as an antidepressant.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by delrey)
    Hi everyone, I'm 23 years old girl, I finished school and I'm not able to find a job and my boyfriend of 3 years broke up with me 3 months ago and he never called or cared to ask about how am I doing like was nothing to him, he just left...
    I feel helpless and hopeless and I always think of ending my life.
    I don't know what to do anymore, people my ag are finding jobs and getting married but I'm just getting killed daily by overthinking and stress
    Please can anyone help me to find my way, I life in a country where no one believes in women, we're just good for sex to these men and because I refuse to sleep with them they don't let me get the job I don't know what to do anymore I can't deal with this anymore
    Sorry to hear about this.

First, forget about that knob of a boyfriend. Don't kill yourself over him, he is clearly worthless.

Two, don't give into the pressure from dodgy people trying to sleep with you. Keep yourself and you will be grateful that you did.

Three, if you can, try to travel somewhere. Meet new people and unwind. Get yourself into a different mindset. If you cannot afford to travel far, leave your immidiate environment and seek new paths in your country.

Finally, meet up with your friends and don't be alone. The more alone you are, the lonely you become...

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Boyfriends. Huh!:kungfu::yawn::aetsch:

The amount of heartache they give us all.

But then you look back and think What Was I Thinking About :eek4:

I promise you in five years time you'll look back and think I was CRAZY being that keen on someone so lame.:begone:

So
    Give yourself a good slap :slap:
    A nice piece of cake and a cuppa :coffee::cake:

And put on your best dress to go to something he hated doing but which you loved. :dancing:

You''re not the first and you won't be the last, but cake still tastes good and the sunsets are still beautiful.

Love yourself a bit more.:grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hi, at the risk of repeating some of the others, I thought I'd add this.

I too overthink things, and having been ill for a while what helped was to set smaller goals rather than big ones; I felt isolated and stuck at home so I now try to go for a 10 minute walk once a day. The sunlight not only cheers me up, and I also need the vitamins, but mostly it clears my head, lets me focus on happy things like beautiful surroundings, and also how much stronger I am now (a small goal, as little as 5 minutes per day, is helping me to feel stronger).

In terms of a job, why not volunteer somewhere for a while; I know someone who did that when between jobs and not only did it make them feel good and valued, but it really helped their CV too, in future interviews. Finally in terms of relationship stress; someone like that didn't support you so clearly you're worth much more, and are better off without them (even though I know it won't feel like that yet).

I realise that I'm lucky to be generally optimistic, but must admit to feeling like a failed feminist if I couldn't work for myself etc. I know realise that physical or mental health can get in the way, and being male or female doesn't make a difference. When I'm stressed, my Mum is brilliant at calming me down and making me take stock of positives as well as helping me to come up with solutions.

Please let the people who truly love you know that you're stuggling, and I'm sure they'll do what you need to help. Focus on what you can do and have got with your friends and family, and they can help you to feel stronger and move forwards to be happier.

It's not an instant thing but it will be okay, I wish you luck and happiness <3

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.