The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen's University Belfast Freshers Megathread 2016

A big congratulations to those that are going to the university!

You can use this thread to say hello to fellow students and discuss how excited you are to begin your fantastic journey!

This thread is yours, take it away

Scroll to see replies

It still hasn't quite hit me that I've been accepted yet :tongue: so surreal to know that in less than a month I will be moving away from home... Anyone else moving to Belfast from England or anywhere else outside of NI?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
Original post by rachelthehuman
It still hasn't quite hit me that I've been accepted yet :tongue: so surreal to know that in less than a month I will be moving away from home... Anyone else moving to Belfast from England or anywhere else outside of NI?

Just starting to hit me too! I'm moving from Wales.
Original post by ryrys7
Just starting to hit me too! I'm moving from Wales.

Ah nice :smile: It is quite scary (albeit very exciting) to be starting so soon. What will you be studying?
Reply 4
Ah nice :smile: It is quite scary (albeit very exciting) to be starting so soon. What will you be studying?

Law :smile: can't wait! What about you?
Woo! Coming from Lancashire to QUB to study Chemistry 😅😄
Original post by ryrys7

Ooh that sounds great! I am going to be doing English
Original post by ryrys7

Ooh that sounds great! I am going to be doing English :biggrin:
Reply 8
Ooh that sounds great! I am going to be doing English :biggrin:

Have you heard back from accommodation yet?
Original post by ryrys7
Have you heard back from accommodation yet?

Yes I received a room offer yesterday, how about you? Also, if you don't mind me asking, how do you plan on getting to Belfast when welcome week starts?
Original post by The Lawful T.J
Woo! Coming from Lancashire to QUB to study Chemistry 😅😄

I'm studying Chemistry too!☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm studying Biological Sciences😊
Reply 12
I'm coming from Wales too and I think that the best thing to do is come over on a ferry with a car full of everything... just seems easier than having to haul everything to and from an airport. Might not be the best plan if you don't intend to bring a whole lot but, at least for me, it means less stress about losing things etc =]
Original post by Cptn M
I'm coming from Wales too and I think that the best thing to do is come over on a ferry with a car full of everything... just seems easier than having to haul everything to and from an airport. Might not be the best plan if you don't intend to bring a whole lot but, at least for me, it means less stress about losing things etc =]

I live several hours away from the coast but close to Heathrow, so I'm flying there. I'm going to have to fit everything I need in a suitcase! It'll be a tight fit :smile:
Anybody here studying physics? I'm doing physics and computer science
Original post by dreadfortmormont
I live several hours away from the coast but close to Heathrow, so I'm flying there. I'm going to have to fit everything I need in a suitcase! It'll be a tight fit :smile:

I'm the same except I will have to fly from Southampton which is still an hour and a half away from me! Kind of dreading having to fit everything into only two bags :redface:
I'm the same except I will have to fly from Southampton which is still an hour and a half away from me! Kind of dreading having to fit everything into only two bags :redface:

Get some vacuum bags if you haven't already, they're awesome and make packing so much easier
I'm assuming you guys are going to accommodation in elms?
Original post by dreadfortmormont
Get some vacuum bags if you haven't already, they're awesome and make packing so much easier

Ooh that's a great idea, thanks! That will certainly make life a lot easier :biggrin:
Hey guys. Buzzing to have made it in. Pretty scared about it too, considering I've never been on my own anywhere for more than a week.

I'll be studying Computer Science by the way. Can't wait to get started!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending