The Student Room Group

What should I do when I am playing a drinking game and I am still a virgin?

I am 23 years old, I am soon to finish university and I am a virgin.

I have been kissed before and have been involved in a relationship but we never got to the point of doing it; I am not a virgin because I want to, I just have not been lucky enough to meet someone I really like and who really likes me back. Usually I do not have a problem with the fact of letting people know I am a virgin (I mean, it is not like I am doing something bad), in fact most of my friends know it, but the problem is when I am playing a drinking game with other of my college fellows; not everybody knows I am a virgin and usually those kind of games end up with sexual topics, specially the game "never have i ever".... And the big fuss comes when someone says they have done a sexual experience and everybody drinks except for me, that moment is always really uncomfortable because everybody looks at me like I am a weirdo and start asking me questions about why am I still a virgin and another bunch of personal stuff, I hate been the center of attention and specially when it comes to talk about me not been lucky enough in finding love.

Sometimes I feel like it would be better if I just say I am not a virgin but lying is not my thing, and I do not understand why been a virgin at any age is such a bad thing for some people; it is just not fair...
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't see how this is happening- what are the questions? "Never have I ever not had sex?"
Your username had me in tears btw. And just go Amsterdam or something
Don't know one person who would have the balls to admit that, society's a ***** but you sound like youre 1. Showing everyone you couldn't care less and 2. That you are strong, stick to your guns we all need to know someone who is gutsy and proud.
Reply 4
I was in exactly the same position and usually it's so much easier to be honest. You don't feel like you're lying to yourself and really it's your sex life you can justify it how you want.
Reply 5
Original post by Trinculo
I don't see how this is happening- what are the questions? "Never have I ever not had sex?"

Well, usually they say stuff like 'Never have I ever had sex' 'Never have I ever done an oral' 'Never have I ever done it with a guy/girl' 'Never have I ever done it in a bed' 'Never have I ever ....' Just because people want to get wasted they start saying easy stuff so everybody drinks.... Except for me of course eheheheh.
They are the degenerates not you. Shove the drinking game up its arse; you are among the few people actually making a stand for decent moral behaviour.
Hold on to your virginity for as long as you can. Once it's gone,...it's gone
I'm sure on some levels, those friends of yours envy you,...at least the ones who know better
insert the bottle into your vagina or insert your penis into the bottle
Virginity isn't a big deal at all, there's never any need to fret about keeping or losing it. However, if it does make you feel awkward or like people are judging you, then you could just take a few sips of your drink every now and then to give yourself more confidence. Alternatively, just get really wasted on a night out and pop the cherry because honestly it's just uncomfortable and awkward the first time so no matter how special you try to make it, it's going to suck (if you're a girl, if not then sweet).
Original post by virginat23
Well, usually they say stuff like 'Never have I ever had sex' 'Never have I ever done an oral' 'Never have I ever done it with a guy/girl' 'Never have I ever done it in a bed' 'Never have I ever ....' Just because people want to get wasted they start saying easy stuff so everybody drinks.... Except for me of course eheheheh.

Not much you can do except get laid or own it.
Reply 11
Keep drinking
Reply 12
I am 23 years old, I am soon to finish university and I am a virgin.

I have been kissed before and have been involved in a relationship but we never got to the point of doing it; I am not a virgin because I want to, I just have not been lucky enough to meet someone I really like and who really likes me back. Usually I do not have a problem with the fact of letting people know I am a virgin (I mean, it is not like I am doing something bad), in fact most of my friends know it, but the problem is when I am playing a drinking game with other of my college fellows; not everybody knows I am a virgin and usually those kind of games end up with sexual topics, specially the game "never have i ever".... And the big fuss comes when someone says they have done a sexual experience and everybody drinks except for me, that moment is always really uncomfortable because everybody looks at me like I am a weirdo and start asking me questions about why am I still a virgin and another bunch of personal stuff, I hate been the center of attention and specially when it comes to talk about me not been lucky enough in finding love.

Sometimes I feel like it would be better if I just say I am not a virgin but lying is not my thing, and I do not understand why been a virgin at any age is such a bad thing for some people; it is just not fair...

Just lie
You know there is sth very wrong with the society when its a lesser embarrassment to admit doing sth truly weird then to say you're still a virgin. What wrong about it? Why should anyone look down upon you? Its either you having an obsession or your friends not being worth to hang out with.

....and a point of order; if it's something you've done yourself, don't you say "I'll drink with anyone who's....."
Original post by Blank_Planet
You know there is sth very wrong with the society when its a lesser embarrassment to admit doing sth truly weird then to say you're still a virgin. What wrong about it? Why should anyone look down upon you? Its either you having an obsession or your friends not being worth to hang out with.

Not so much. They sound like completely standard people up for a good time, I think you're just being self righteous
Original post by Trinculo
Not so much. They sound like completely standard people up for a good time, I think you're just being self righteous

How am I being self-righteous?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
Most people don't care tbh. One of my friends regularly lies about it, thinking that we haven't realised :smile: whatever makes you most comfortable.
I waited a long time to sleep with a past boyfriend, and we both agreed to lie about it in front of friends, till we felt ready - but this got really awkward, and I think they'd have realised something was up.
It can feel like a major thing, but it really shouldn't be :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending