Septorhinoplasty NHS Waiting Times Watch

mrSinghji
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've just been approved for septorhinoplasty on the NHS to alleviate my breathing problems, and the external deformity. I had my ENT appointment yesterday after 12 weeks of waiting. I just wanted to know does the 18 week nhs rule apply to septorhinoplasty,and if not how long is the waiting list usually?
furryface12
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mrSinghji)
I've just been approved for septorhinoplasty on the NHS to alleviate my breathing problems, and the external deformity. I had my ENT appointment yesterday after 12 weeks of waiting. I just wanted to know does the 18 week nhs rule apply to septorhinoplasty,and if not how long is the waiting list usually?
I'm not sure whether the rule would apply here or not as different types of surgery affect it differently iirc but someone else can hopefully! Waiting lists will vary a lot area to area but your best bet would be asking your GP, consultant or whoever for an estimate and go from there. Even if the rule does apply (which I don't think it will) it's a target only and from a lot of personal experience it is often broken, hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones though and again it depends on the area and trust you're with. Hope you hear something back soon!

Edit: Not got time to check for you now but there's a rhinoplasty thread on here somewhere if you want to search for that, not exacly the same thing I know but maybe worth a post to see if anyone knows anything more and their experiences of it
flukeskywalker98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mrSinghji)
Hey man, I'm in the exact same position as you, was wondering how long it took for you to have your surgery done and how long the waiting list was!
Tai2001
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just been admitted into hospital as the NHS had realised i had deviated septum. So I have had septoplasty in order to fix this, the only issue is that i have a hump on my nose which im really concerned about. I would love for it to not be there but cant pay the £7000. I have a follow up appointment in 4 weeks approx, what should i say to the doctor?
furryface12
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Tai2001)
Just been admitted into hospital as the NHS had realised i had deviated septum. So I have had septoplasty in order to fix this, the only issue is that i have a hump on my nose which im really concerned about. I would love for it to not be there but cant pay the £7000. I have a follow up appointment in 4 weeks approx, what should i say to the doctor?
Just tell them that you're really worried about the hump that's still there and see what they say. They may say they'll correct it, they may not. But you won't know unless you try.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (36)
18.37%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.14%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.02%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.55%
No unconditional offers (139)
70.92%

Watched Threads