does squash count as water? Watch

gl1tche
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
if im told to drink 6-8 glasses of water a day, would 6-8 glasses of squash (orange concetrate + water) count, or is there something ive not looked at? thanks alot!!!
Vohamanah
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It does count towards your amount of water, but it will have lots of sugar in it most probably. I think its not recommended to make up all of your allowance from squash.
Thud
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yes, it's fine.
Talya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
When I can't stand water any more I just have really dilute squash.. so you vaguely get the taste but it doesn't have as much sugar.
Thud
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
omg! sugar! think of the teeth! won't someone please think of the teeth!!!

i have perfect teeth, i've drunk a ****load of ribena every single day for many years: no fillings, no braces, nothing, just perfect. don't be such a bunch of wusses.
Sithius
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I lol'd.
AverageGuyOnTheStreet
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well I drink loads of that sugar free squash, and loads of fruit juice. I also drink loads of tea and coffee but I don't think that counts. But then I have a high liquid intake. I also eat loads of fruit and veg (more fruit) because I don't like my food to be too 'dry'. My current favourite is tomatoes (if you don't count the fruit, where I'd most likely go for pineapple - in loads of natural juice).
cabbage
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well its still water with the squash.. so why not! I drink squash all the time, cant stand water on its own. Also the thing about tea and coffee, it does count doesnt it? Because its only water with like flavour in it?
AverageGuyOnTheStreet
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ah, I thought it didn't because they have caffeine in them. Though tea has much less so maybe it does. Don't know really.
randomgirl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If it's got water in, it counts.

Although probably not as healthy as plain old water.
cabbage
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by AverageGuyOnTheStreet)
Ah, I thought it didn't because they have caffeine in them. Though tea has much less so maybe it does. Don't know really.
oooh ok, yeah i didnt think of that. Im not a tea or coffee person, so i dont really know.
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/humanbody/tr...ng/water.shtml

This explains it quite briefly.
gl1tche
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
thank u all! seems like we all think alike, i wana find a full scientific report to clarify it, cuz it duz seem right, if it contains water, then yes it counts as water! bt ty!
LinMolko321
Report 12 years ago
I'd say its fine, at least you're making an effort to drink the 6-8 glasses of water! More than some people (including myself) can say!
Carreh
Badges: 2
Report 12 years ago
Mmmm sugar free squash...
Dionysus
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes it is just as good, since it still contains water. The same applies to any drink with water in - other than alcoholic drinks obviously, since they just dehydrate you.
Thud
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by History_Boys)
I would reccomend natuarl fruit juices, they taste just as nice and are twice as healthy as the ones which are full of sugar. Squash will certainly count towards your daily reccomended water intake of 2 litres, but remember a lot of it is sugar as pink pointed out.
about 9 times the price too. well ****ing done.
AverageGuyOnTheStreet
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I drink natural fruit juices all the time. Addicted to them!
Jamesb283
Report 12 years ago
Hey, anyone else noticed that their sugar free apple and blackcurrent (robinsons ofc) now tastes really fruity? :| Its quite worrying, I might actually be drinking some fruit juice! o.0
Consie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My teeth are whiter than an Aryan's ass, never had a filling or bad breath, and ive gone whole festivals without cleaning them, so i agree with you Thud. But if you dont like water's 'taste' (wtf?) then you can find much more nutritious stuff to mix it with whilst still maintaining the flavour of the squash, squash is just largely sugar.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (151)
17.81%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.84%
No I am happy with my course choice (501)
59.08%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.27%

Watched Threads