Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Currently living with my grandfather, who cannot be my sponsor, I filled out the application how best I could. Without having a solid relationship with either of my parents.

I have been asked to provide tons of evidence about not having a solid relationship to ask my mother about her financials, would it be possible, after filling the application, to then change to having a sponsor and have my mother send her financial information off, as while the relationship is none existent, a third party has intervened to assist in getting the details to remove the stress student finance are causing about the independence, even though I still don't live with my mother, is it still possible for her to sponsor and change the my application from independent to her being my sponsor? (I'm 19)
    Thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lukepo)
    Currently living with my grandfather, who cannot be my sponsor, I filled out the application how best I could. Without having a solid relationship with either of my parents.

I have been asked to provide tons of evidence about not having a solid relationship to ask my mother about her financials, would it be possible, after filling the application, to then change to having a sponsor and have my mother send her financial information off, as while the relationship is none existent, a third party has intervened to assist in getting the details to remove the stress student finance are causing about the independence, even though I still don't live with my mother, is it still possible for her to sponsor and change the my application from independent to her being my sponsor? (I'm 19)
    Thanks

Yes probably. Call them and ask. They are a real nightmare when it comes to this. I was never able to prove my independence and as couldn't get access to my parents info I only ever got the abso minimum.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hi,It is understandable that you may be experiencing, or have experienced, difficulties providing evidence due to your personal circumstances. SFE can help and advise you with this however. Please call us on 0300 100 0607 and ask the advisor to refer your application to our dedicated Independent Student team. Hope this helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.