The Student Room Group

Heartbroken but coming out the other end.... my story

I notice many people posting on here who have had their heartbroken, can't get over an ex e.t.c. I have decided to post my story here to see if I can help anyone....

I was with my partner for nearly 12 years, we were in school together and got together when we were in year 11. We had a lovely passionate trustful relationship and I believe we would be together forever. He started acting a little odd and a few months later whilst on holiday together I found out that he had been having an affair. It completely destroyed me. I gave him the chance to break it off with this mysterious person and even though he said he did when we were home I realised this was not the case.

I left our home and went to house share. I became very depressed, very isolated, very subdued. I had no family and all our friends were mutual and overtime I lost contact (this is because he kept having parties/bbq's over his house, which obviously I didn't go to and they gradually stopped talking to me).

I never talk about my feelings (I am a guy too in case you wondered) and went about my day to day alone. I found myself alone 99.9% of the time. I had come off facebook at the time of splitting and the day I did I came across loads of pictures of my ex with this guy, who I later found out was the same guy he had an affair with. I was completely devastated and didn't know what to do...

People kept telling me "plenty more fish in the sea"... I HATE it when people say that... how does that help?

One morning I gave my landlord a month notice and paid up... I packed a traveller bag, I locked the door of the house and I never ever went back. I got on a plane and travelled around Asia and have ended up in Australia. I didn't tell anyone where I was going nor did I keep in touch because I didn't need to. I needed to find myself. I realised after a few months that you do only get one life... ONE!! That thought really scared me, why was I running? Why was I thinking of my ex everyday?

My advice to anyone reading this is that.... you get one life, if you like someone tell them, if someone cheats or makes you feel bad dump them and find someone nice. Someone who will care for you. Never be sad or upset because it is not worth it. If your thinking of running away from it all --- do that too. It can make or break you, but how do you know unless you have a go?
:clap2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending