The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

University of Warwick Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

nott yet at warwick but i got ABB for AS results day and i would love to attend warwick in 2017, did any of you get similar results to mine at as ????
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by decombatwombat
Sherbourne and Bluebell, only problem with the second being the cost. Can't wait to go! What you up to for the rest of the holidays?

Yeah, Bluebell is the most expensive, but it is my second favourite. I'm learning to drive at the moment, and hopefully will pass my test in September before I go to Warwick. My friends and I are also playing CS:GO whenever we can, although they are much better than me :tongue:.
Ah, I mained Shaman when I played, got a bunch of gold so I will probably get the first wing of the expansion, maybe we can play some time?

Would love to, but may or may not be possible - I play on US servers, so can only play others on there. It means that so far I have been forever alone throughout my history with Hearthstone. :frown:
Original post by Dapperblook22
Yeah, Bluebell is the most expensive, but it is my second favourite. I'm learning to drive at the moment, and hopefully will pass my test in September before I go to Warwick. My friends and I are also playing CS:GO whenever we can, although they are much better than me :tongue:.

Sounds good, failed my test for the second time today, hopefully third times the charm :P CSGO took up so much of my time before overwatch came out. After hundreds of hours me and my mates could never get past around Master Guardian II. We were pretty terrible! :biggrin: Overwatch is our go to game now though, its so fun, have you played it?
Original post by yungggnike
nott yet at warwick but i got ABB for AS results day and i would love to attend warwick in 2017, did any of you get similar results to mine at as ????

I got AAAB, and a friend got AABB. Our results this year were A*AAB and A*A*A respectively, so you can definitely get in so long as you put the effort in.
Reply 45
Original post by The_Marve11
Would love to, but may or may not be possible - I play on US servers, so can only play others on there. It means that so far I have been forever alone throughout my history with Hearthstone. :frown:

Another hearthstone lone wanderer here, it is a harsh life. :frown: Although i haven't played it in about a month and the new adventure hasn't covinced me to "relapse":biggrin:
Original post by Dapperblook22

I can't even remember where I applied to, so 5th September whatever I get allocated will be a complete surprise to me. Though, if I remember correctly, none of the halls particularly stood out from the others, good or bad.
HEY ALL!!!

I got an offer from MORSE!!! - which was confirmed yday!!

Feel free to message me!!!
Original post by Mr.bob
Another hearthstone lone wanderer here, it is a harsh life. :frown: Although i haven't played it in about a month and the new adventure hasn't covinced me to "relapse":biggrin:

Got to say, the new adventure is well worth a look. Plenty of good humour and some fun new gimmicks. I tend to stop-start with Hearthstone too though - playing to grind gold for the next expansion then stopping until it hits.
Reply 49
Got to say, the new adventure is well worth a look. Plenty of good humour and some fun new gimmicks. I tend to stop-start with Hearthstone too though - playing to grind gold for the next expansion then stopping until it hits.

I might spare an hour for the adventure then; the other 23 are currently reserved for Overwatch rn :tongue:.
Original post by Mr.bob
I might spare an hour for the adventure then; the other 23 are currently reserved for Overwatch rn :tongue:.

Overwatch squad :biggrin: What hero do you main?
Reply 51
Original post by Menoetius1
Wow I didn't even know there was a suggested reading list - can you link it?

I lost it for a moment there and thought I'd imagined it XD but here it is:
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/dcs/admissions/undergraduate/readinglist/
Guys I made a late application through clearing to biomed yesterday and I got in! Would love to know some people before I get there. Also I am going to Warwick tomoz to see how it all is. Can't wait!
Reply 53
Yeah, been working my way through Introduction to Java Programming by Y. Daniel Liang, to refresh my memory on Java, and Computers LTD by David Harel is really good as well, and is only a couple of quid on amazon.

Okay brilliant, I wasn't sure what to choose tbh, but I'll check them out. :smile: I've not done Java before (I have done VB and C#), is it fairly easy to pick up?
Original post by CSweet
Okay brilliant, I wasn't sure what to choose tbh, but I'll check them out. :smile: I've not done Java before (I have done VB and C#), is it fairly easy to pick up?

Yeah the books great at introducing the topics, and there is tonnes of questions/exercises. From what I've been told I think c# is fairly similar, not done it myself though.
Yeah, been working my way through Introduction to Java Programming by Y. Daniel Liang, to refresh my memory on Java, and Computers LTD by David Harel is really good as well, and is only a couple of quid on amazon.

Only done VB and Python, so was gonna take a look at C#, so thanks for bringing my attention to Java instead.
Only done VB and Python, so was gonna take a look at C#, so thanks for bringing my attention to Java instead.

Np, I think thats the language they use in the first couple of modules judging by their website.
Sounds good, failed my test for the second time today, hopefully third times the charm :P CSGO took up so much of my time before overwatch came out. After hundreds of hours me and my mates could never get past around Master Guardian II. We were pretty terrible! :biggrin: Overwatch is our go to game now though, its so fun, have you played it?

I literally just finsihed a couple of CS games :tongue:; I do want to get into Overwatch at some point. Probably will do in the next week.
So many CompScis - can't wait to meet you all!! If anyone wants to be added in a group chat we have on Facebook for CompSci (well, currently only two people in it) PM me :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by adynaton
PPEist here! Feel free to drop a line, would be great to meet future coursemates :biggrin:

Which freshers events have people booked tickets to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

PPE too, can u book freshers events yet?

I really like the look of some of the socities.

I can't wait to join the futsal society, looks amazing.

Also the PPE society has so much to do, they have sports teams too lol.

Quick Reply

Latest