The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Biology 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bar99
Thank you so much! I had no idea this existed:smile:

No worries.
How is everyone revising for the exam? Any predictions on the essay question?
Original post by IslaLJones
How is everyone revising for the exam? Any predictions on the essay question?

Just made Unit 2 notes so far, I have 2 weeks between chem and bio so that's where I'll be doing most my studies. My focus is on chem and maths atm. wbu
Original post by Nuba123
Just made Unit 2 notes so far, I have 2 weeks between chem and bio so that's where I'll be doing most my studies. My focus is on chem and maths atm. wbu
Yeah I'm doing chemistry and maths too so focusing on them but still trying to make time for biology because really want an A
Reply 144
Yeah I'm doing chemistry and maths too so focusing on them but still trying to make time for biology because really want an A

Need a B but mainly aiming for an A as well. For revision I'm just doing all the past papers available and making a few notes on the more confusing topics.
Anyone still to do their Unit 2 Assessment?
There is soooo much to learn in Bio this year

I find unit 2 (like topics 3/4) the most complex

wbu guys?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by gapyearlads

wbu guys?

Unit 2 is probably the most interesting but the virus stuff is pretty difficult, I prefer unit 2 over unit 1.

wbu guys?

I loveeee unit one, defo my favourite and unit two is pretty good too! unit three is really different though, not sure how to revise it :/
Original post by Nuba123
Unit 2 is probably the most interesting but the virus stuff is pretty difficult, I prefer unit 2 over unit 1.

Hahahhaha i remember you! How'd the med process go? I'm thinking about the year out now.

Bio wise, I hate unit 2. So much to remember. Screew that, we have unit 3 as well!!!! So annoying
I loveeee unit one, defo my favourite and unit two is pretty good too! unit three is really different though, not sure how to revise it :/

Unit 3 i think will be straightforward questions like u can see from last year. Should be some in there i would think
Hahahhaha i remember you! How'd the med process go? I'm thinking about the year out now.

Bio wise, I hate unit 2. So much to remember. Screew that, we have unit 3 as well!!!! So annoying

Unit 3 i think will be straightforward questions like u can see from last year. Should be some in there i would think

I'm on one waiting list but that's probably not going to amount to anything, wbu and yeah same here.
Im focusing on maths and chem atm, but once they're done I'm spending 2 weeks on biology (I've already went over unit 2 and 3, so I need to go over unit 1 again and then I'm hitting the pastpapers).
Original post by Nuba123
I'm on one waiting list but that's probably not going to amount to anything, wbu and yeah same here.
Im focusing on maths and chem atm, but once they're done I'm spending 2 weeks on biology (I've already went over unit 2 and 3, so I need to go over unit 1 again and then I'm hitting the pastpapers).

Oh wow that's still better than me! Good job on getting on the waiting list :smile:

Yeah i got all 4 rejections without interview unfortunately. Idk wtf happened but ah well.

My problem is chemistry rn. If I focus on math, chem is out the window but chem needs more time. BUT chem is after maths..ARRRGRHHHH
Oh wow that's still better than me! Good job on getting on the waiting list :smile:

Yeah i got all 4 rejections without interview unfortunately. Idk wtf happened but ah well.

My problem is chemistry rn. If I focus on math, chem is out the window but chem needs more time. BUT chem is after maths..ARRRGRHHHH

I've only been switching between maths and chem atm, but biology is going to be intensely revised in those 2 weeks. Sadly, I didn't get any interviews either.
Exam timetable isn't great this year ngl :/ but in 2 weeks time we'll be in a position to just focus on bio which is the best subject. :smile:
Original post by Nuba123
I've only been switching between maths and chem atm, but biology is going to be intensely revised in those 2 weeks. Sadly, I didn't get any interviews either.
Exam timetable isn't great this year ngl :/ but in 2 weeks time we'll be in a position to just focus on bio which is the best subject. :smile:

Seriously? I HATE BIOLOGY :frown:

I unfortunately got in a idgaf mood after the whole uni process and am now doing as much math revision as possible in 1.5 weeks. Then 2 days for chemistry... TWO DAYS, then biology.

How you finding chem. Unit 2 is impossible cos of the synthesis for me. So much drawing and i cba with that !!!!
Reply 153

I'm in the same boat as well. Need to revise Maths but my chem is sooo bad right now. Fortunately I don't really need chem this year now so I can afford to do badly if I can get better at the rest, and the most I need is a C anyway. Good luck.
I dont need this subject anymore so I'm dropping it as its not in my offer. What a relief. Can focus on my offer subjects now :biggrin:
Seriously? I HATE BIOLOGY :frown:

I unfortunately got in a idgaf mood after the whole uni process and am now doing as much math revision as possible in 1.5 weeks. Then 2 days for chemistry... TWO DAYS, then biology.

How you finding chem. Unit 2 is impossible cos of the synthesis for me. So much drawing and i cba with that !!!!

Yeah, I hit a brick wall after my ucas application went down the drain, but bio is my only good subject this year tbh - I hate maths and chemistry is ok.
I love the agonist/antagonist stuff in Unit 2 because I did that at higher human bio :smile:
Yeah I'm cramming for maths tbh, :frown:
Original post by Bio 7
I'm in the same boat as well. Need to revise Maths but my chem is sooo bad right now. Fortunately I don't really need chem this year now so I can afford to do badly if I can get better at the rest, and the most I need is a C anyway. Good luck.

Same :frown: So annoyed maths and chem are so close
Original post by Fermion.
I dont need this subject anymore so I'm dropping it as its not in my offer. What a relief. Can focus on my offer subjects now :biggrin:

Im jealous rn :/ what have you applied for?
Original post by Nuba123
Im jealous rn :/ what have you applied for?

I've applied for Medical Imaging, also known as Diagnostic Radiography and have a conditional offer :smile:

I put in a lot of hard work for this subject for my assignment but i'd much rather pass the subject that is in my offer and get into university than spend a lot of time revising for Biology, it's such a chunky course as well. However, at least I still have the background knowledge which will come in handy at university. :smile:
Original post by Fermion.
I've applied for Medical Imaging, also known as Diagnostic Radiography and have a conditional offer :smile:

I put in a lot of hard work for this subject for my assignment but i'd much rather pass the subject that is in my offer and get into university than spend a lot of time revising for Biology, it's such a chunky course as well. However, at least I still have the background knowledge which will come in handy at university. :smile:

Yesss, I've always wanted to be in the medical field (doctor, biomed, radiograpy etc.) so I'll be heading down that route as well. However, I'm not sure where I'm heading atm but I'd like atleast a B in biology. Biology is by far the chunkiest course I study lool. The scholar notes are so wordy :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending