The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Chemistry 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have access to the advanced chemistry SCHOLAR notes? I used them last year and they helped me so much! But my teacher has let the subscription go, so now when I log in I can't access them. :frown:
Original post by marinacalder
Does anyone have access to the advanced chemistry SCHOLAR notes? I used them last year and they helped me so much! But my teacher has let the subscription go, so now when I log in I can't access them. :frown:

If you buy the brightred text book its basically word for word the same as the scholar notes
Hey fellow Chemists, I'm just wondering how everyone's projects are going at the moment? Also, does anyone happen to be doing a wine related project? I'm investigating the effect of temperature on the total concentration of sulphites in white wine. :cheers:
Original post by Woody4v
Hey fellow Chemists, I'm just wondering how everyone's projects are going at the moment? Also, does anyone happen to be doing a wine related project? I'm investigating the effect of temperature on the total concentration of sulphites in white wine. :cheers:

Projects are going ****, I want to kill myself.

and that sounds nice mines is about something to do with phosphate or something

How is yours going
Original post by Nuba123

How is yours going

Hahah wow, that bad? It's going meh ok, I suppose. It's just a bunch of titrations which I am getting concordancy for but it isn't showing the trend I would like but I suppose that gives me plenty to talk about in the evaluation 😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Woody4v
Hahah wow, that bad? It's going meh ok, I suppose. It's just a bunch of titrations which I am getting concordancy for but it isn't showing the trend I would like but I suppose that gives me plenty to talk about in the evaluation 😰

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, seriously, it's awful. I have so much work yet to do.
And I'm basically doing titrations as well tbh :biggrin:
Reply 166
Original post by Nuba123

How is yours going

Haha, that sounds about right. I keep looking for information but I'm not getting far with it, not even started my practical yet.
Main problem is not finding much about Amino Acid control solutions. All I get is pages for buying them at hundreds of pounds. Anyone know what I need to do to make them up?
Original post by Bio 7
Haha, that sounds about right. I keep looking for information but I'm not getting far with it, not even started my practical yet.
Main problem is not finding much about Amino Acid control solutions. All I get is pages for buying them at hundreds of pounds. Anyone know what I need to do to make them up?

Amino Acids? sounds like some Bio info may be needed there hahaha.

I am doing my second run of my experiment. I have made my Paracetamol and tried to do a TLC. Well actually, I tried 5 TLC's and they all failed so I am just moving on :colonhash:
Original post by jeraldine
Amino Acids? sounds like some Bio info may be needed there hahaha.

I am doing my second run of my experiment. I have made my Paracetamol and tried to do a TLC. Well actually, I tried 5 TLC's and they all failed so I am just moving on :colonhash:

Can a have some ae that paracetamol ? Advanced maths is geeing me a sore head.
Original post by RossB1702
Can a have some ae that paracetamol ? Advanced maths is geeing me a sore head.

Aahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha loooooooooolllll.

Same bro. Every single homework assignment this year I have FAILED. The other day I got less than 10% :angry:. It's not going well atm.

But I'm revising Equilibria etc to catch up for Chemistry and then I will revise Maths!
Aahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha loooooooooolllll.

Same bro. Every single homework assignment this year I have FAILED. The other day I got less than 10% :angry:. It's not going well atm.

But I'm revising Equilibria etc to catch up for Chemistry and then I will revise Maths!

Yeah but fortunately for you you probably don't even need a B in it as Chemistry and biology are more important and you already have 5As at higher.
Original post by RossB1702
Yeah but fortunately for you you probably don't even need a B in it as Chemistry and biology are more important and you already have 5As at higher.

True but if I don't get into Medicine this year I will take a gap year so need the best possible grades (AAA) hence the panic
True but if I don't get into Medicine this year I will take a gap year so need the best possible grades (AAA) hence the panic

You'll be fiiine, but you shoulda took 2AHs and 2Hs to make it easier cause med schools can't give someone extra point for taking 3AHs :P
Original post by Zain-A
You'll be fiiine, but you shoulda took 2AHs and 2Hs to make it easier cause med schools can't give someone extra point for taking 3AHs :P

Yeah. Thanks for the motivation :smile:

But seriously, do you get MORE points for taking 2AH and 2 H???

Would that not be harder than taking 3AH because then it's actually 4 different subjects?

Would that not be harder than taking 3AH because then it's actually 4 different subjects?

Everything about this is wrong. 2 Highers are easier than 1 advanced higher in my personal opinion.

lol did you not read what I said, you get equal weighting, you get no less or extra points for doing 3AHS or 2AHs and 2Hs cause med schools can't discriminate cause not all schools are allowed to do 3AHs

Original post by Nuba123
Everything about this is wrong. 2 Highers are easier than 1 advanced higher in my personal opinion.

Yeah it can be depending on the highers, but after interview I got an offer of 2Bs in AH and A B in any if my 2 highers, so I just focused on my 2AHS and one Higher - easy
Original post by Zain-A
lol did you not read what I said, you get equal weighting, you get no less or extra points for doing 3AHS or 2AHs and 2Hs cause med schools can't discriminate cause not all schools are allowed to do 3AHs

Yeah it can be depending on the highers, but after interview I got an offer of 2Bs in AH and A B in any if my 2 highers, so I just focused on my 2AHS and one Higher - easy

That's actually a really nice conditional offer! What were your predicted grades like?
I know that unis like Glasgow set mostly all A's for conditional offers, tbh Glasgow isn't really my first choice anyway - can I say that? lol.
I like Aberdeen and Dundee
Original post by Zain-A

That's a sweet offer!

Original post by Nuba123

Depends on the subject, but generally the step up from higher to advanced higher isn't as much as doing a crash higher in a new subject. So for example, I found AH maths pretty easy and probably easier than if I did H history say as a crash.
Original post by Asklepios
Depends on the subject, but generally the step up from higher to advanced higher isn't as much as doing a crash higher in a new subject. So for example, I found AH maths pretty easy and probably easier than if I did H history say as a crash.

I hated Nat 5 History to the extent that I wanted to burn my textbooks after the exam.

So I am going to have to take your side on that. But then again, I hate ANYTHING to do with English (History, English itself)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending