Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im 18 and i am a cheerleader and a self taught dancer and i eat sort of well i miss breakfast sometimes because of time and im addicted to fizzy pop and im trying to drink more water and juice i drink green tea ive heard that helps, but im still struggling to lose weight i am 15 stone and i just hate the way i look ive always been fat ive never been thin, ive been/still am being bullied for my weight, being called whale, fat monster etc and its been making me depressed, any ideas on what i could do

ReputationRep:
    I try and eat 3-4000cals a day to keep my weight around 83-5kg, I'm going to assume you don't eat this much because if you did the solution would be obvious.. Given the difference in our intakes to weight I imagine your only real solution is to do an extreme amount of exercise due to your natural biology.

ReputationRep:
    May be try and looking at what you are actually eating, I was in the same position but around October last year after learning about healthy eating on my pharmacy course in university, I decided to make a few changes to make general lifestyle like swapping white bread and pasta to brown, trying to include more fish and veg in my diet, not eat after a certain time, walk like everywhere, monitoring my portion sizes etc., I dropped like 4 dress sizes and then i decided to join the gym and go like a few times (yeah I didn't really go religiously due to time) but I dropped another dress size by march so all in all I went from a size 24-16/18 and I'm still continuing to just make lifestyle changes (even though I've been a bit lazy since leaving uni) - just think of what lifestyle changes you could make whether it be more exercise like gym and using weights or eating habits and make those goals known to other around you because they can also help and support you! Hope this helped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyitsdavina)
    im addicted to fizzy pop
    Start here.

ReputationRep:
    I was running 30 minutes. I would burn around 500 calories, but I wasnt losing any weight. The workout was pretty intense for me and I would be completely out of breath in the last 5 minutes. I felt good after the exercise, but it didnt feel like it was worth putting my body through this everyday if I was seeing 0 results and I still had a belly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatieMarilyn)
    I was running 30 minutes. I would burn around 500 calories, but I wasnt losing any weight. The workout was pretty intense for me and I would be completely out of breath in the last 5 minutes. I felt good after the exercise, but it didnt feel like it was worth putting my body through this everyday if I was seeing 0 results and I still had a belly.
    How many calories are you consuming a day? If it's more than 500 you aren't going to lose weight. You need to burn more than you consume.

ReputationRep:
    Delete pleaee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyitsdavina)
    im 18 and i am a cheerleader and a self taught dancer and i eat sort of well i miss breakfast sometimes because of time and im addicted to fizzy pop and im trying to drink more water and juice i drink green tea ive heard that helps, but im still struggling to lose weight i am 15 stone and i just hate the way i look ive always been fat ive never been thin, ive been/still am being bullied for my weight, being called whale, fat monster etc and its been making me depressed, any ideas on what i could do
    I think the first thing you need to do is stop drinking fizzy pop and eating poorly. Green tea has sugar in it try drinking unsweetened iced tea. The hardest thing about exercising is staying with it, Also you say you are a dancer maybe you should try Cize by Beachbody. It is a dance workout video that I have used personally and it helped me lose so much weight. The best thing about it was I didnt feel like I was working out I felt like I was having fun which is why I was motivated to keep using it. I hope this helps!

https://www.beachbody.com/product/fi...nce-workout.do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeYou2Night)
    How many calories are you consuming a day? If it's more than 500 you aren't going to lose weight. You need to burn more than you consume.
    I wouldn't suggest just eating only 500 calories a day though! That's not healthy and very easy to just go off the wagon and binge...

You need to workout how much you're burning and how much you're eating and create a 500 calorie deficit. So you're a cheerleader, you'll be burning calories then.

I really would suggest stopping drinking fizzy pop, even diet. It's full of rubbish, empty calories and chemicals.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.