Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Alright so I'm going into upper sixth and I don't know if this is a common feeling but apart from one girl, everyone I've been attracted to is either in the year below or in the year above. I helped out at an open day and ended up chatting to some cool girls and I don't want to waste these next few years surrounded by girls. But I don't even know where to get talking to some, I'm not the most attractive guy, I give off a look of confidence I suppose but I can never tell if a girl likes me or not. I can't use the old "can you show me where this room is?" and I'd like to spend my last year in college having fun and working hard. Any advice is welcomed on how to start conversations without looking like a weirdo. Life's too short.

ReputationRep:
    Stop being thirsty, let go of your desires. Being free from desire is being free from pain. If the opportunity comes, welcome it. But don't chase pleasure, you're supposed to be having pleasure by your own company. Be free of desire and pain.

ReputationRep:
    If she is new then this will be easy, all you do is say hello and smile. Talk to her because you want to talk to her then you end up friends then maybe extra if its meant to be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    everyone I've been attracted to is either in the year below or in the year above
    That's the way to go
    I don't want to waste these next few years surrounded by girls.
    How is that wasting?
    I'm not the most attractive guy
    WHOA...you just dropped the ball here. Besides that it's always awkward when someone says this about themselves, but it's really hard to get ahead when you've already put yourself behind. Give yourself the hype (even if you think it's fake), believe your own hype,...then soon everyone else will believe it too
    I can never tell if a girl likes me or not
    For the most part, whether a girl likes you or not depends on you, not her
    having fun and working hard.
    I have to admit this is probably the first time I've seen these two so closely together
    Life's too short.
    AMEN to that

(Original post by Kendrik Lamar)
    That's the way to go

How is that wasting?

WHOA...you just dropped the ball here. Besides that it's always awkward when someone says this about themselves, but it's really hard to get ahead when you've already put yourself behind. Give yourself the hype (even if you think it's fake), believe your own hype,...then soon everyone else will believe it too

For the most part, whether a girl likes you or not depends on you, not her

I have to admit this is probably the first time I've seen these two so closely together

AMEN to that
    Yeah the wasting part was being around loads of girls and not actually introducing myself and getting to know them. I've been shy for too long, now when I go back I'm gonna give off confidence cause it's the only way I'm gonna get what I want out of life. A new me, perhaps. It's just starting the conversations when I don't really have a reason to from their perspective.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.