The Student Room Group

Duke of Edinburgh silver award : skill help!

Hey, so I've sorted out what I'm going to do for my physical and volunteering sections (taekwondo and coaching taekwondo😊) but I can't get a skill! I originally was going to do piano or singing but my parents made me drop out because it was too expensive and our teacher lived half an hour away and we didn't have much time. Then I thought I would do ceremonial drill or power boating with my sea cadets group, but my dad stopped taking me because the unit was an hour away and he couldn't really be bothered taking me😕 Now I can't think of anything that I could do, and find someone to assess me for.

I'm only 15, so I can't drive or anything like that. If possible, I'd like something that requires as little human communication as possible😁😂
Sorry if I've made it much harder by being picky😁
Original post by LittleIrishGeek

I'm only 15, so I can't drive or anything like that. If possible, I'd like something that requires as little human communication as possible😁😂

What about something simple like cooking (life skill) or something artsy like photography or drawing / painting?
Original post by LittleIrishGeek
Sorry if I've made it much harder by being picky😁

Hey, when I was in school I joined ATC (Air Training Corp) to do my skill, it sounds a bit geeky and does involve wearing uniform...but, I was able to do shooting (not to mention flying, parachuting and sailing) all for free!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending