Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Applying for a maintenance loan but not the course student loan? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Can i apply for just the maintenance loan but pay my course fees myself?

if so would I be too late to apply now?

I am fine for paying the course fees but would like to take the loan just as a safety measure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dejomony)
    Can i apply for just the maintenance loan but pay my course fees myself?

if so would I be too late to apply now?

I am fine for paying the course fees but would like to take the loan just as a safety measure
    Yes you can take one without the other. You would put 0 in the amount requested for tuition fees. You can apply for the maintainance loan, however you are too late to be guaranteed to receive it during your first week of uni.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Yes you can take one without the other. You would put 0 in the amount requested for tuition fees. You can apply for the maintainance loan, however you are too late to be guaranteed to receive it during your first week of uni.*
    If i do get the loan do the check what you use it on? as I am already paying my rent but I would like the money for safety in case my parents can't suddenly pay my rent.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Just out of curiosity, why do you want to fund tuition fees yourself?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    They don't check what you spend it on. Once it hits your account, it's yours to spend as you wish.

ReputationRep:
    If i do get the loan do the check what you use it on? as I am already paying my rent but I would like the money for safety in case my parents can't suddenly pay my rent.
    No they don't, you can do whatever you like with it.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    Just out of curiosity, why do you want to fund tuition fees yourself?
    My parents are paying.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    My parents are paying.
    That's respectable however would it not be cheaper to take out the loan? I'd strongly consider it if I were you - it's the best loan you'll ever get!

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can, apply now

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.