Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have just completed my degree in conputer science at Bradford Uni. I achieved 48.4 in the 2nd year and 52.4. These are the averages i get if i drop my lowest grades. So what do i get overall as 48 is a 2.2 in Bradford Uni. I need to know ASAP
    Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Every uni will calculate grades differently so check your course handbook or email your course director to find out how to calculate your marks.

ReputationRep:
    If a computer science graduate can't work out how to calculate a question like this (or know where to look to find the answer) then it's a pretty damning show of Bradford University and/or the laziness of their students.

I'll gloss over the fact they can't spell 'computer'.

ReputationRep:
    I have emailed my tutor but i need a urgent reply

ReputationRep:
    Tell us how your uni calculates its grades and maybe someone here will be kind enough to do the maths for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    Tell us how your uni calculates its grades and maybe someone here will be kind enough to do the maths for you.
    Students are required to meet the credit requirements and the best 100 credits from Stage 2 and the best 100 credits from Stage 3 will be used to calculate your degree.
    The weighting between Stages 2 and 3 is 20/80.
    Classification boundaries are fixed as follows:
    68% - First Class Honours (1)
    58% - Second Class Honours First Division (2:1)
    48% - Second Class Honours Second Division (2:2)
    Below 48% - Third Class Honours .
    It's out of 120 but the lowest grade is cut off

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.