Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    About once a month Vodafone's SMS server seems to go down which means I cannot receieve any texts or send them. This is starting to cause me major problems.

The problem seems to be happening more and more often. Is there anything I can do given that I have another 8 months to go?

ReputationRep:
    Probably not. I've not heard great things of Vodafone, so I Can't say im suprised. You could ring them up and moan, but you'll probably have to pay the rest of your contract.

You could always loiter outside phones4u... they once offered to buy me out of my one month old 3 contract! Madness. I turned it down, my deal was cheaper than theirs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    About once a month Vodafone's SMS server seems to go down which means I cannot receieve any texts or send them. This is starting to cause me major problems.

The problem seems to be happening more and more often. Is there anything I can do given that I have another 8 months to go?
    Yes it is possible.

My friend got a contract phone once and was told that there would be coverage in the area where he lived only to find that infact there wasn't. It took a lot of wrangling but he got out of the contract.

You will need persistance.

Beating that get visual evidence and threaten them with legal action (and or threaten to report them to a TV program like watchdog), usually always works, even if you could never actually be bothered to take legal procedings.

ReputationRep:
    It started working again at 6:30. It was actually the entire signal that was lost, not just SMS.

I wonder if anybody will want to buy my contract of me :p:

ReputationRep:
    I work for the CarphoneWarehouse - and the simple answer we give, is no - unless you buy your way out of the rest of the contract.

However, with alot of persistance, we did see a customer cancel their contract because of lack of coverage in their area, meaning they shouldn't have been sold the contract in ther first place.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.