Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well? i always thought it was a hollow tube type structure which would mean you could push something in (it'd just be painful as hell), or does it actually have an end?

no i haven't tried it
    no i dont want to
    no im not an idiot im just curious

ReputationRep:
    funnily enough i have a small phobia about this, annoyingly my boyfriend finds it really funny to test it. Que me screaming and shouting lol. but no, logically i dont think so i dont really know but if i were to guess i would compare it to an ear peircing in that it eventually closes up in a similar way

xx

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend also used to try it on me :/ I doubt that it would go through because there is muscle and then organs underneath it, and you'd have to have one strong finger to poke through muscle!

ReputationRep:
    I honestly have absolutely no idea - however I doubt it. But just thinking about it is making me feel really really queasy :p:

ReputationRep:
    *tries it now*

Nope, nothings happening, just hurts :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol it has an end, when i was pregnant towards the end mine went inside out lol

ReputationRep:
    Is it connected to anything inside? Or is it just skin? :blush:

ReputationRep:
    I say we try it on the nearest communist...

Oh hello Thud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angus-Higgins)
    I doubt it. Don't they use the technique in surgery, i.e. use the "belly-button" as a convenient access point?

Angus Higgins
    Oh yeah they go through the belly button for some breast augmentation surguries because it means no scarring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angus-Higgins)
    I doubt it. Don't they use the technique in surgery, i.e. use the "belly-button" as a convenient access point?

Angus Higgins
    When they did mine they cut just slightly below it. Minimises scarring and it's a handy entrance point for stomach/womb.

But no, it does not go anywhere. There is an end and that is just skin.

ReputationRep:
    Eek even thinking about poking my belly button makes me stomach go funny =S

ReputationRep:
    Surely the skin heals at the end? Otherwise water would get through when you had baths or swam... and stuff would come out too (ewwwww).

ReputationRep:
    i'm scared thinking about it. Putting my finger in and seeing how deep it goes.
    Is it just me, when I poke it, I get a weird painful feeling near my reproductive organs? Or somewhere deep inside me?

Or I'm I just strange?

ReputationRep:
    It just ends with a bit of skin. That's why some people have innies and some have outies - they're both the same thing, one's just tucked in.

ReputationRep:
    haha I shouldn't have read this while cooking feel abit sick now especially with the posts about water going in vice versa and the use of it to do some surgical things through?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Hippo)
    It just ends with a bit of skin. That's why some people have innies and some have outies - they're both the same thing, one's just tucked in.
    Do you think anyone has cosmetic surgery to make their belly button look how they want it to?

ReputationRep:
    If you push your belly button or your nose hard enough it makes you shout out beep.

P.S. I'm a troll, not a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    According to old Glasgow musician/comedian Matt McGinn, "if you unscrew your belly button, your bum falls off".

ReputationRep:
    well not with your finger, but if you poke anywhere with something sharp enough, it wil go in.. eugh

ReputationRep:
    haha
    im suprised some med student hasnt replied yet

i assume it'll just end
    as its been said, some people have innies some outies

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2015
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.