Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I do follow the weekly recommendation limit, and don't exceed 14 units a week. I also only drink on 2-3 days a week so most of my days are alcohol free.

However, I don't follow the daily recommendation limit on around one day a week. I'd binge and drink between 8-10 units in one session. This is just on friday/saturday nights.

How risky is this? High, very high? Medium?

ReputationRep:
    You have 7 types of cancer:
    http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/abou...hol-and-cancer
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...f-cancer-study

6 for men.

And the reason why the 14 unit weekly limit was imposed was to minimise cancer risk. I am not concerned about cancer, I am more concerned about Liver damage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    6 for men.

And the reason why the 14 unit weekly limit was imposed was to minimise cancer risk. I am not concerned about cancer, I am more concerned about Liver damage.
    What about liver cancer?

(Original post by Dinasaurus)
    What about liver cancer?
    Very rare. It's not so much a risk with drinking. I am talking about cirrhosis risk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I do follow the weekly recommendation limit, and don't exceed 14 units a week. I also only drink on 2-3 days a week so most of my days are alcohol free.

However, I don't follow the daily recommendation limit on around one day a week. I'd binge and drink between 8-10 units in one session. This is just on friday/saturday nights.

How risky is this? High, very high? Medium?
    No worries. I drink about 6 units a day sometimes 7.5 (3 cans of Stella each day) and every Saturday have a bottle of red wine (after a takeaway) that's around 10 units.
    So that's about 40 units a week.

14 units is nothing lol!

I think really people need to man up more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitious1999)
    No worries. I drink about 6 units a day sometimes 7.5 (3 cans of Stella each day) and every Saturday have a bottle of red wine (after a takeaway) that's around 10 units.
    So that's about 40 units a week.

14 units is nothing lol!

I think really people need to man up more.
    Good on you, welcoming your future of ill health and premature death with open arms.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.