The Student Room Group

Student pass and student ID card

Hi, I wonder if any of you has or ever had a similar problem with a bus pass and a student id card,and if yes how did you solve it or is there no other way than just be stuck at home with a prepaid pass until getting the student ID?
There is an annual student saver pass available from Arriva which can be used from 15th August 2016 until 31st August 2017 costing £452 including delivery.

My first problem is that despite purchasing this pass I will not be eligible to use it until I collect my student id card on 19th or 20th September 2016 and I will even have to pay a full price for the bus ticket on the day (19th or 20th September) I will be going to collect my student id, let alone for commuting to the any uni events prior to 19th/20h September. This means I will have already had a prepaid pass and at the same time I will be paying the full price for the bus fare(s) until I collect my student ID.

Second problem is I do not know what will be the expiry date of my student id card, which I need to choose the suitable bus pass (there are passes valid till December, June, July and August 2017), yet I have to order my Arriva bus pass a week before using it (i.e. collecting my student id) to allow for the delivery time.

In such case despite having a valid bus pass not only I will have to pay extra for the bus fares until I collect my id card, but I may chose an incorrect pass if my student id expiry date is earlier than 31st August 2017.

Any ideas how this can be solved?

Thank you in advance.

Magdalena
Original post by emerka
Hi, I wonder if any of you has or ever had a similar problem with a bus pass and a student id card,and if yes how did you solve it or is there no other way than just be stuck at home with a prepaid pass until getting the student ID?
There is an annual student saver pass available from Arriva which can be used from 15th August 2016 until 31st August 2017 costing £452 including delivery.

My first problem is that despite purchasing this pass I will not be eligible to use it until I collect my student id card on 19th or 20th September 2016 and I will even have to pay a full price for the bus ticket on the day (19th or 20th September) I will be going to collect my student id, let alone for commuting to the any uni events prior to 19th/20h September. This means I will have already had a prepaid pass and at the same time I will be paying the full price for the bus fare(s) until I collect my student ID.

Second problem is I do not know what will be the expiry date of my student id card, which I need to choose the suitable bus pass (there are passes valid till December, June, July and August 2017), yet I have to order my Arriva bus pass a week before using it (i.e. collecting my student id) to allow for the delivery time.

In such case despite having a valid bus pass not only I will have to pay extra for the bus fares until I collect my id card, but I may chose an incorrect pass if my student id expiry date is earlier than 31st August 2017.

Any ideas how this can be solved?

Thank you in advance.

Magdalena

How strange, hopefully you won't have been the first person in this situation though.

I would say contact the uni and find out what the expiry date is.

Paying full price before a pass not ideal but sounds unavoidable. Maybe you can get a week or month pass to cut down the cost? You probably only need a week.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending