Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    You just made me terrified for what my real exams are gonna achieve next year.

Thanks, achieving a B for me would be like hitting the jackpot.

EDIT: I would help if I could, but I can't, so I wont. Good luck anyway!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with your results. Have you looked into law based subjects?

ReputationRep:
    If you don't get three As whatever you do, don't jump onto the first thing that comes along. Take some time out. Get a job for a bit. There seems to be a mass rush and clamour to go to university, but in reality there is no rush. You can still go next year, or the year after that or 5 years after that. There are some important life choices immediately ahead. Don't take them on a whim.

The best of luck for today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver Daniels)
    Well results are in around 5 hours to AS Levels and I think I may need a new life plan. I was hoping for AAAA, I'm predicted AAAB, and I really want to go to Oxford, but I'm freaking out that I may have AABB. If this is the case then my dream is over and I need a new life plan.

I love debating,
    Politics,
    Philosophy,
    Economics,
    Adventurous escapades,
    More debating,
    Public speaking

What job should I pursue? Need a new passion and focus if tomorrow goes wrong and I don't get three As.

Please help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What was your life plan?
    • Very Important Poster

Wait- until you know.
    You should at least have had one or two backup plans, insurance offer.
    See what happens.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly breath, if you don't get the grades its not the end of the world. I didn't and I resat and got into the degree I wanted.

You don't have to make the decision today tomorrow or a week away, I wouldn't rush into something like this. If you rush you're going to end up doing something you don't enjoy so take your time, if you have to take a year out in the end whilst you're deciding its not the end of the world. Having taken a gap year I would advise it for everyone its a life changing experience.

What is your current "life plan"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver Daniels)
    AAA at AS, A*AA at A2, Oxford History and Politics, Law Conversion, Corporate Law, Politics at around 35.

That plan is based on what happens when I click though, so I'm terrified.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My advise to anyone is yes have aspirations and have goals but don't limit them to ages, I definitely fell victim to that and was so disappointed when things didn't go my way. I know its hard but really don't limit yourself to a certain age things will happen when they happen.

Keep your options open uni wise as well as oxford is very hard to get into so have a look after other unis and see if any take your fancy and if not gap years are wonderful things and you could always take one.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.