The Student Room Group

One bad A level grade?

If I were to receive ABE as my results, would it be unrealistic for me to apply for ABB courses through clearing?
Reply 1
Original post by mblakemore1997
If I were to receive ABE as my results, would it be unrealistic for me to apply for ABB courses through clearing?

Depends on what course you're applying for. Is the E in a relevant subject to the course? I mean either way there's not harm in trying, assuming those are the grades you end up with
Depends on the course. If you're looking at something like German, then have a go. If it's something more competitive, then you may struggle a bit more. However, don't ask don't get - if you really want to go there, or if you've already rung other universities that seem like more of a likelihood, then by all means give them a ring.

Don't forget to have a look for universities that express their grades in terms of UCAS points - they will be more flexible with odd grade combinations and those who have one dodgy A Level grade.

Hi,
It really does depend on what the E is in amoung other things. Take a look at our at our clearing page http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/clearing/ and out hotline number is
0800 0483 334 where someone can speak to you about your grades :smile:
Emily
Student ambassador

Hi there,

Honestly just contact universities with courses available in Clearing that you are interested in, it's always better to speak to them directly and you can explain what you are after.

If you would like some advice on Clearing or would like to check out what courses we have available to you then why not give us a call on 03330 432 414 or if you would prefer to chat to us online then you can use our Live Chat system and speak to a member directly online.

Good luck, I am sure you will end up on a course you will love.

Jack
University of Gloucestershire
Morning,

Congratulations on your results!

It would completely depend on what you want to study and what subjects your A-level results are in.

I would suggest speaking directly to the Univiersities that you're interested in. Our Clearing helpline number is 0116 373 6000 and we'd be more than happy to talk you through your options here.

Good luck!

Vicky
Communications Team
University of Leicester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending