The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
pinkfairy
Can we have our discussions somewhere else. Thanks :smile:

Please don't hurt me, I'll give you my lunch money too.
Reply 21
sublime_envy
mmm how I love random threads

1. Dad is commander in chief of an oil company
2. Mum also runs her own property company
3.I am joining the air force if you cant tell by my siggy

Why have you splet Defence as Defense?
Reply 22
Hmmm

1) Dads a carpenter, mums a housewife

2) student, but work on the checkouts

3)Id like to be a research scientist - a really good one soI make some money! Most likely in genetics... :cool:
Lord Huntroyde

living in america most of my life has warped my pathetic little mind, thus the inability to type correctly
Reply 24
JnA

3)Id like to be a research scientist - a really good one soI make some money! Most likely in genetics... :cool:

Hurray! The world could do with a few more nerds.
Reply 25
sublime_envy
living in america most of my life has warped my pathetic little mind, thus the inability to type correctly

oh...fair enough.

It's just that the link goes to the website that says Ministry of Defence so it looked a bit odd :smile:
Reply 26
1) Cant really say over the internet - hes in the RAF tho

2) Intern at a one of the big four Professional Services Company

3) Dunno
Lord Huntroyde
oh...fair enough.

It's just that the link goes to the website that says Ministry of Defence so it looked a bit odd :smile:

my mistake, will duely correct it!
Reply 28
Lord Huntroyde

Why have you spelt spelt splet?
Reply 29
jonas123
Why have you spelt spelt splet?

typo
Reply 30
1) My mum's PA to the director of a group of companies; my dad's chief executive of a large well-known charity.

2) I'm a student at the moment. And a barmaid if that counts :smile:

3) I want to work in journalism, all I've ever wanted to do is write and I love the buzz of the media.
Reply 31
pinkfairy
Lots of random threads floating about in this section so here's mine.

1) What are you parents occupation?

2) If you're an older member please state your occupation, if it's anything unusual :biggrin: tell us more...

3) This question applies to everyone. What job would you like (be realistic) to do in the future?

1) My father is the head of the anti-terrorism unit of the Federal Police. My mother is a solicitor, property law.

2) Well Im in my senior year but I work part-time at Myer Grace Brothers.

3) What job? Nothing in law! No I want to be a Fashion Journalist.
Reply 32
My dad used to be a senior librarian which basicaly mean't be opened and designed libaries and bought lot of books (his claim to fame is he was the first person to come up with the idea of having computer games to borrow from the libary in the early 1980's, his libaries also had a large selection of computer books, people use to flock to his libaries to borrow them as libaries in other districts had not cought up).

He now works for himself doing somthing a bit more manual (I don't want to say what as hew can be traced). My mum used to be a medical secratary but is now a house wife and helps run the business.

I am a part-part time web developer (working on sites for Manchester University) , a leaflet distrubutor (for my dads company) as a full time student.
Reply 33
My dad works for London Undergound (but office work) and my mum works in a old people home. I plan to be a pharmacist :smile:
Reply 34
My dad is a translator/interpreter.

My mum is in the house buying/selling business.

And I want to be a professor, barrister or author.
Reply 35
pinkfairy
Lots of random threads floating about in this section so here's mine.

1) What are you parents occupation?

2) If you're an older member please state your occupation, if it's anything unusual :biggrin: tell us more...

3) This question applies to everyone. What job would you like (be realistic) to do in the future?

1) Mum's a nurse, Dad does something in the office in a firm that deals with electronics (I think).

2) I'm not an older member, but I have a part time cleaning job to fund my bookaholism :biggrin:

3) English professor/writer :smile:
Reply 36
My father is a systems/program analyst and my mother is a primary school teacher (head of IT and music).

I feel quite lowly as most of you seem like you can't say what your parents do because they are CEOs of Microsoft or something :tongue:

Oh and I'm a student and don't know what I would like to do.
Reply 37
waiting2smile
1) My dad is a physician who works at the Pacific Clinical Research centre and co manages a restaurant here. My mum is an English Key Stage 4 co-ordinator and teaches English at an all girls school.

How does your father manage two jobs at once? No ones parents does unusual jobs? :frown:
Reply 38
Gimp
My father is a systems/program analyst and my mother is a primary school teacher (head of IT and music).

I feel quite lowly as most of you seem like you can't say what your parents do because they are CEOs of Microsoft or something :tongue:

Oh and I'm a student and don't know what I would like to do.

Well my dad is a head of a company that dosn't even exist:biggrin:
pinkfairy
How does your father manage two jobs at once? No ones parents does unusual jobs? :frown:

Co managing a restaruant doesn't involve anything. He doesn't do a thing! Which is a good thing I guess as he spends most of his time at the centre. Sorry no one in my family has any unusual jobs, they're all as ordinary/dull as can be...:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending