The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ummm...

1. Mum and dad are teachers. Poor them.

3. I'd like to be an engineer (though I don't know what kind) or do something involving physics research.
thefish_uk
1. Mum and dad are teachers. Poor them.

Why poor them? Its a great job. :smile:
tis_me_lord
Why poor them? Its a great job. :smile:

Heheh.

Well not so much my mum because she's a lazy supply teacher.

But dad is always complaining and getting stressed out because he teaches physics at a school where nobody seems to appreciate it (in a really nasty area). But he's been there for so long now that I don't think he wants to leave.
thefish_uk
But dad is always complaining and getting stressed out because he teaches physics at a school where nobody seems to appreciate it (in a really nasty area). But he's been there for so long now that I don't think he wants to leave.

I persume this is a secondary school, because by the time people do phsycis AS they'll appreciate a good teacher in it. I know hes been there a while but he should consider going to teach at a sixth form college.
nope my dads boring but he does get to travel all over the world. he went to rome yesterday for lunch. lucky git. As for mum she just drives about in her sports car looking all posh. silly poser. And I shall be the governments plaything heh.
mmm that would have mad more sense if I quoted it....oh well
Reply 66
erm daddy's a doctor, mummy's a phlebotomist

anyone who knows what one of those is tell me, first person to do so gets rep :tongue: everyone else i talk to hasn't got a clue :biggrin:
priya

anyone who knows what one of those is tell me, first person to do so gets rep :tongue: everyone else i talk to hasn't got a clue :biggrin:

Blood transfusion or sample taking. Maybe she works in a blood centre?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=phlebotomist
1) What are you parents occupation? Mum - Lawyer, Dad - Financial Consultant

2) If you're an older member please state your occupation, if it's anything unusual tell us more...

Uh, shelf stacker at the local spar (if that counts)

3) This question applies to everyone. What job would you like (be realistic) to do in the future?

Doctor/Research/Forensics
Reply 69
thefish_uk
Blood transfusion or sample taking. Maybe she works in a blood centre?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=phlebotomist

very close....decide on one though :tongue:
priya
very close....decide on one though :tongue:

Well blood sample taking isn't exactly a career lol. Loads of nurses and doctors do that, right?

So taking blood for transfusion?
1) What are you parents occupation? Mum bank 1st cashier... me too for gap year, we work together :redface:

2) If you're an older member please state your occupation, if it's anything unusual :biggrin: tell us more... bank cashier BARCLAYS WOO!

3) This question applies to everyone. What job would you like (be realistic) to do in the future? Vet, if get AAA off to Bristol...
Reply 72
DivineComedy
1) What are you parents occupation? Mum bank 1st cashier... me too for gap year, we work together :redface:

2) If you're an older member please state your occupation, if it's anything unusual :biggrin: tell us more... bank cashier BARCLAYS WOO!

3) This question applies to everyone. What job would you like (be realistic) to do in the future?

i'm a natwest cashier, bring it on barclays, were much better than you!
Reply 73
mum is a part time GP

dad is high up in the police force

i'd like to run my own dental practice and put my grandparents inherited money to good usw
Reply 74
thefish_uk
Well blood sample taking isn't exactly a career lol. Loads of nurses and doctors do that, right?

nurses and doctors can do it....but they don't always have time to do it, people need their blood taking all the time . phlebotomists are similar to healthcare assistants.
Reply 75
pinkfairy
1) What are you parents occupation?

Both are doctors.

I would like to be a doctor.
Reply 76
priya

Do you think we are all stupid? How conceeted!
Reply 77
thefish_uk

right the first time :biggrin: taking blood samples for analysis full stop. Be it for gases, microbe analysis, crossmatching etc...
Reply 78
Fluffy
Do you think we are all stupid? How conceeted!

conceited*
Reply 79
DazYaSSS
conceited*

Whatever! you clearly knew exactly what I meant!

Latest

Trending

Trending