Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We haven't even had summer weather yet.. But, I feel it's best to get prepared early.

I HATE coats. I really do. I'm one of those people that refuses to wear one and stands there shivering in January, until one day it gets too much abnd I just put on a ski jacket.

I have a few okay ones from topshop.. But, they don't even keep me warm. I think I look fat in them. That is my main problem; I think I look fat in coats. I also think coats ruin whatever pretty outfit you have on that day. I really need to get over this and find a coat I actually like.

So, where do I start?! I don't think I'm prepared to pay ridiculous money for a coat. But, I will pay a fair bit. That is all I know really. I'm busty and tall. I just really don't know where to begin. I know it's early and that there isn't much out yet.. But, I'd just like to know how much people think I should save for a good winter coat.. Where I should look.. What sort of style.. etc etc. HELP!! I always promise myself I'll invest in a coat. But, it NEVER happens and I just pick up whatever from topshop.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, there are some really nice ones on offer from the Additions/Kays/Littlewoods/etc group.

Maybe you would like to look into getting a couple of slightly cheaper coats, rather than one expensive one? At least then you'll be able to match them a bit better to your outfits so that you won't have ruin the look of your pretty outfit

Oh, and fitted coats/jackets are the best to stop you from looking fat, since they tend to taper in at the waist and make you look a bit slimmer around the stomach.

ReputationRep:
    maybe ones with a belted waist would work out for you? or you could always get your coats altered so that they fit you properly.

ReputationRep:
    Next have lovely coats

Ive seen a blue one in the sale that I have my eye on

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.