The Student Room Group

Should I resist my AS module, or try even harder at A2?

So i got my AS results back about 10 minutes ago, not sure how i feel to be honest, but i knew what ever results would get today, i would be disappointed.

These are my results:

Business - A
Economics - A
Law - B
Maths - C (1 UMS off a B)

I intend to drop maths because i hate the subject and i intend to study law at university, but the course i want to do only requires BBB.

In my law exam i got:

Law01 - 67 UMS (Which is totally unexpected) this is a C
Law02 - 84 UMS this is an A

I really don't know what to do, any advice?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Why not do both? If you remark it might come back higher and especially since law is probably quite subjective to mark the only thing you lose if you remark is money and in the grand scheme of things it's not much. Then try your hardest next yesr
Original post by Jehaan
Why not do both? If you remark it might come back higher and especially since law is probably quite subjective to mark the only thing you lose if you remark is money and in the grand scheme of things it's not much. Then try your hardest next yesr

Thank you, i think i might just do that :biggrin:
Original post by Breynolds2671999
So i got my AS results back about 10 minutes ago, not sure how i feel to be honest, but i knew what ever results would get today, i would be disappointed.

These are my results:

Business - A
Economics - A
Law - B
Maths - C (1 UMS off a B)

I intend to drop maths because i hate the subject and i intend to study law at university, but the course i want to do only requires BBB.

In my law exam i got:

Law01 - 67 UMS (Which is totally unexpected) this is a C
Law02 - 84 UMS this is an A

I really don't know what to do, any advice?

Well first of all would your teachers allow you to resit? Most teachers would advise against it because it's a C and not like, you know a U or anything. A C is great!

I think if you REALLY wanted to it would put a lot of stress and pressure on you to do well on that exam as well as your other A2 Law exams and A2 is a lot harder, with a lot more stress. This can jeopardize your chances of your three Bs. You can still get BBB without resitting it. If you want to aim higher that's fine, but always take resits that doesn't need to be resat with a pinch of salt because it's not always the best thing to do.
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Well first of all would your teachers allow you to resit? Most teachers would advise against it because it's a C and not like, you know a U or anything. A C is great!

I think if you REALLY wanted to it would put a lot of stress and pressure on you to do well on that exam as well as your other A2 Law exams and A2 is a lot harder, with a lot more stress. This can jeopardize your chances of your three Bs. You can still get BBB without resitting it. If you want to aim higher that's fine, but always take resits that doesn't need to be resat with a pinch of salt because it's not always the best thing to do.

Thank you, i think I'll discuss it with my law tutor tomorrow, i think i just need to let the results settle in :biggrin:
Reply 5
one mark off an A in AS edexcel maths got a 239/300 and need 240/300 to get an A. Is it worth remaking? Please advise! thank you!!
Original post by heHlpH
one mark off an A in AS edexcel maths got a 239/300 and need 240/300 to get an A. Is it worth remaking? Please advise! thank you!!

I'm one mark a B in maths :biggrin:.

If your 1 mark then why not, it's just 1 method mark to find. But then again it's maths so it might be difficult to find, also in the grand scheme of things is 1 mark going to make a difference to your grade next year?
Its soo worth it!!
Original post by heHlpH
Original post by heHlpH

You could, but personally it's not worth it. 1 mark will hardly make a difference as Math papers are marked electronically.

I say only do it if it really is essential but 1 mark really won't make a major difference.
Reply 9
is 1 UMS mark worth it as it is less than 1 raw mark I suppose?
Reply 10
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
You could, but personally it's not worth it. 1 mark will hardly make a difference as Math papers are marked electronically.

I say only do it if it really is essential but 1 mark really won't make a major difference.

yea i totally understand but the course i want to do does'nt accept retakes so it will be hard next year.
Original post by heHlpH
yea i totally understand but the course i want to do does'nt accept retakes so it will be hard next year.

Well don't restrict yourself to that one course. You need to be a lot wiser and think about researching other courses and not rely just on one or even two.

Start looking for more realistic options now that you have some slight indication of your abilities from your AS results.

Good luck sugar!

Quick Reply

Latest