The Student Room Group

America Medicine...

Hello I am currently in Y10 and live in the UK...

I have good grades and have a useful and large amount of extra-curricular...
My dad is a surgeon and i would also like to become a surgeon...This question is not directly about surgeon/medicine Req...

My dad and i were talking and i seem to really like the idea of studying from uni(undergrad) onward in the US and hopefully practice medicine there one day...

Lets say My ultimate goal is to go to a top American University such as Harvard University...
As I'm currently in the UK i will be doing qualification like my GCSE and AS and A-levels...

What are the international application process for a uni(Harvard) in America...Will i find it more difficult to apply then a American educated opposite?
What difficulties may i encounter and are GCSE's and AS/A-'levels valid in America...

Also to enter a top UK University(E.G:Cambridge) it is mostly about grade(A*)---How does the equivalent American system work to go to a top University like Harvard...

Also,Will i have to start doing anything else in comparison to my peers currently(As of GCSE...) to prepare myself for studying there...

PS:I WILL MOST LIKELY MOVE TO AMERICA WITH MY FAMILY WHEN I GO TO STUDY THERE AND IT WILL BE MORE PERMANENT RATHER THAN A TEMPORARY EXPERIENCE...

Any other advice will also be greatly appreciated...I would love to here from people who have undergone this process themselves too!

Thanks.
Google is your friend. Post again if you struggle to find info and have a specific question.

Quick Reply

Latest