Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For my AS results I got BBUU. I'm extremely disappointed and confused at what options I have left. Does anyone have any advice and perhaps experiences from their own behalf?

I'm considering resits or redoing the year - will this be the best option?

Thank you!!
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Elizabeth121)
    For my AS results I got BBUU. I'm extremely disappointed and confused at what options I have left. Does anyone have any advice and perhaps experiences from their own behalf?

Thank you!!
    How hard do you think you worked this year?

It may be worth having a discussion with your teachers to find out where you struggled this year, or whether your revision or exam techniques are wrong. Re-doing the year will be easier than doing resits, since you will resist the AS portion alongside the A2 portion.

Do you have the option to go and speak to a teacher?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    How hard do you think you worked this year?

It may be worth having a discussion with your teachers to find out where you struggled this year, or whether your revision or exam techniques are wrong. Re-doing the year will be easier than doing resits, since you will resist the AS portion alongside the A2 portion.

Do you have the option to go and speak to a teacher?
    Yes, I think teachers are coming into the college tomorrow. I might go and see them. By the way, by re-doing the year, does that mean I'll be a year behind? I'm not well informed on this topic.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    Yes, I think teachers are coming into the college tomorrow. I might go and see them. By the way, by re-doing the year, does that mean I'll be a year behind? I'm not well informed on this topic.
    I would definitely go in and see them, no matter what . By re-doing the year, you will move down into the year below. By re-sitting the exams, you will stay in your current year and do AS and A2 exams at the same time, next summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    I would definitely go in and see them, no matter what . By re-doing the year, you will move down into the year below. By re-sitting the exams, you will stay in your current year and do AS and A2 exams at the same time, next summer
    I feel ya I got ABCD which ain't great also. But what I would say is you could drop one of the U grade and try and get your teachers to predict you a C for one U grade and explain what you did wrong. BBC ain't bad at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnatt27)
    I feel ya I got ABCD which ain't great also. But what I would say is you could drop one of the U grade and try and get your teachers to predict you a C for one U grade and explain what you did wrong. BBC ain't bad at all
    Thank you, that sounds like something I could do!
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Gnatt27)
    Good advice, yes :yep:
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative

Thank you!!

Hey, sorry you didn't get what you hoped for. You should:

1 - Check your UCAS Track to see if you have been accepted at your Firm or Insurance choices
    2 - If you haven't, take a look at the Clearing availability for the subject you are interested in
    3 - Start calling Universities that offer the course and you would consider going to to get verbal offers

May I ask what subject you are interested in?

Dave (Enquiries, Wrexham Glyndwr University)
    http://www.glyndwr.ac.uk/en/clearing/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glyndŵr University)
    Hey, sorry you didn't get what you hoped for. You should:

1 - Check your UCAS Track to see if you have been accepted at your Firm or Insurance choices
    2 - If you haven't, take a look at the Clearing availability for the subject you are interested in
    3 - Start calling Universities that offer the course and you would consider going to to get verbal offers

May I ask what subject you are interested in?

http://www.glyndwr.ac.uk/en/clearing/
    Oops, should have mentioned, they're AS results! I shall saver those tips however
    I'm interested in Geography but I got a U in that - it's absolutely devestating

ReputationRep:

Thank you!!
    Apprenticeships or resits I would say, best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Oops, should have mentioned, they're AS results! I shall saver those tips however
    I'm interested in Geography but I got a U in that - it's absolutely devestating
    Ahhh I see! Resitting is the first thing that springs to mind, or how about a different style of course - i.e. BTEC as opposed to A Level?

http://www.glyndwr.ac.uk/en/clearing/ 01978 293439

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I see! Resitting is the first thing that springs to mind, or how about a different style of course - i.e. BTEC as opposed to A Level?

http://www.glyndwr.ac.uk/en/clearing/ 01978 293439
    Yes I will definitely resit as long as my college let me continue my studies! Do you by any chance know the grades needed to continue A2 at a typical college?

ReputationRep:

Thank you!!
    Do you know what could have possibly gone wrong for the subjects that you got Us in? Did you do absolutely no revision?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I will definitely resit as long as my college let me continue my studies! Do you by any chance know the grades needed to continue A2 at a typical college?
    I don't unfortunately - you would need to speak to your course tutors. Can I ask what you want to study at University?

ReputationRep:
    I don't unfortunately - you would need to speak to your course tutors. Can I ask what you want to study at University?

It was geography but I'll have to rethink the path I want to take now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Do you know what could have possibly gone wrong for the subjects that you got Us in? Did you do absolutely no revision?
    I did plenty of revision and I worked so hard. However, I didn't expect a great grade from politics because I've struggled with it from the start. My geography grade has been a massive slap in the face, I felt like I did so good on the exam.

ReputationRep:

Thank you!!
    Elizabeth121 you're result although not perhaps what you wanted are by no means bad,

With your 2 B's you would be able to apply for a course such as the BA (hons) Degree in insurance through Peter Symonds College and BeWiser Insurance which is a working degree with no debt.

There are multiple options available to you.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.