Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Sorry if this seems like a silly question but it feels like quite a big deal to me. I'm a woman but I'm very "masculine" in appearance and I wear "men's" clothing all the time.
    I would look really stupid in a dress or something and I hate wearing anything vaguely feminine.
    For matriculation and other formal events would it be acceptable for me to wear the "Male" dress code? To be honest I am mistaken for a guy 99% of the time anyway.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBride)
    Hi everyone,

Sorry if this seems like a silly question but it feels like quite a big deal to me. I'm a woman but I'm very "masculine" in appearance and I wear "men's" clothing all the time.
    I would look really stupid in a dress or something and I hate wearing anything vaguely feminine.
    For matriculation and other formal events would it be acceptable for me to wear the "Male" dress code? To be honest I am mistaken for a guy 99% of the time anyway.

Thanks
    Yes, don't worry at all! No-one's going to be policing your gender.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knope)
    Yes, don't worry at all! No-one's going to be policing your gender.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok thank you! Think i'm just finding things to stress about XD

ReputationRep:
    Ok thank you! Think i'm just finding things to stress about XD
    Haha no worries, to be honest it would eliminate all worry/confusion if dress codes weren't categorised. Choose from skirt with shirt, trousers with shirt or a dress, etc.

Well done on getting in! You're in for a brilliant time.

ReputationRep:
    This shouldn't be a problem at all.

Certainly the college I'm at there are a few women who wear suit and tie to formal, including one of the College Mentors sitting up on High Table.

If you're at a gowned college, the gowns cover a vast amount of what you're wearing anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Thanks
    Yes you should be able to wear the "male" dress code. If anyone tells you otherwise, definitely dispute this. Wear whichever form of formal dress you feel most comfortable in.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks all ive stopped stressing now and cant wait! XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.