Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In england.do most men lose some interest in playing video games when they are 35-40? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I mean maybe not all but lose some
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Yeah, i think so. Most men of that age in England are pretty settled down with partners and children. On the other hand I personally know men in their mid 30's who play computer games often.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Saboning)
    As a 35-40 year old man, I would say that I haven't lost interest in playing games, I just don't have the time anymore.

I've moved away from 80 hour rpgs to shorter experiences. I have a one year old as well so online games are generally off the table now.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Saboning)
    Not quite there yet but at 31 I've rediscovered my love of video games. but my gaming habits have changed, i can no longer be doing with tea baggings from American brats, so play more long form open world games like Witcher or reminisce playing Doom with Refused on very, very loud
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by sarahm24)
    Yeah, i think so. Most men of that age in England are pretty settled down with partners and children. On the other hand I personally know men in their mid 30's who play computer games often.
    Going over 35 isnt the reason. Its just the trials of life with Wives, Kids and more senior jobs take over.Im sure if you surveyed that group they would still love to Play FIFA or COD or Skyrim etc.Just starting a game and having to stop every 5 minutes rather than lose 24 hours obsessing over a game just isnt the same.How much game time from the TSR staff gamers I wonder (tagged) and yes they're not 21 anymore :badger:Captain Jack shooks
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    True fact: more over 30 year olds play video games than under 30
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    interesting, how could you prove this by the way?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    on another note ive never seen so many group staff on one post :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, and people still don't get this. It's like if you play video games over the age of 25 you're automatically considered a manchild. It's ridiculous
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by According to Pete)
    Going over 35 isnt the reason. Its just the trials of life with Wives, Kids and more senior jobs take over.Im sure if you surveyed that group they would still love to Play FIFA or COD or Skyrim etc.Just starting a game and having to stop every 5 minutes rather than lose 24 hours obsessing over a game just isnt the same.How much game time from the TSR staff gamers I wonder (tagged) and yes they're not 21 anymore :badger:Captain Jack shooks
    Pretty much this.

Fortunately I haven't reach the kids stage yet so still have plenty of time for gaming
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    interesting, how could you prove this by the way?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    on another note ive never seen so many group staff on one post :eek:
    Well, in 2011 I personally ran a nationally representative survey with Playstation, Microsoft, EA and others to find out the exact size of the UK gaming audience: http://mediatel.co.uk/newsline/2011/...uk-play-games/
    44% were 25 - 45 year olds.

There have been other surveys since then too that proved almost exactly the same thing.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Well, in 2011 I personally ran a nationally representative survey with Playstation, Microsoft, EA and others to find out the exact size of the UK gaming audience: http://mediatel.co.uk/newsline/2011/...uk-play-games/
    44% were 25 - 45 year olds.

There have been other surveys since then too that proved almost exactly the same thing.
    Thanks that was really interesting!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I do hope you dont think I was doubting you by the way, who would doubt the legendary captain jack
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    Thanks that was really interesting!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I do hope you dont think I was doubting you by the way, who would doubt the legendary captain jack
    Haha, it's wise to doubt me, I'm not always right! To be fair, I don't blame everyone thinking it's the opposite. Mobile games have made a big difference in recent years.

ReputationRep:
    I stopped playing regularly when I was about 17.

My cousins in their 30s still play quite a lot.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.