Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girl who I liked at high school added me on Facebook and started messaging me Watch

When I was at high school there was this girl that i was crazy about and really really liked. One day I finally plucked up the courage to ask her out and she just laughed in my face and said never in a million years would she go out with me and her and her friends turned me into a laughing stock about it. I was down about this for a while and then it came to our leaver's dinner and she asked me if I would like to dance with her and i said yes but then she turned around and just laughed at me again and said she was only joking, so this just made me feel really crap about myself.

In the 5 years since high school i completely forgot she existed, I went to college, had relationships and now im in a well paid job and making something of myself. A few weeks ago she sent me a friend request on Facebook out of the blue and it surprised me as i said i forgot she existed. Anyway last night she started messaging me on facebook making general small talk and talking like she'd want us to meet up. Since high school it looks like she hasnt been up to much and now has a kid and is a single mum.

What should I do about this because i replied to her messages just to be polite but i really dont want to meet up with her because of the way she treated me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    When I was at high school there was this girl that i was crazy about and really really liked. One day I finally plucked up the courage to ask her out and she just laughed in my face and said never in a million years would she go out with me and her and her friends turned me into a laughing stock about it. I was down about this for a while and then it came to our leaver's dinner and she asked me if I would like to dance with her and i said yes but then she turned around and just laughed at me again and said she was only joking, so this just made me feel really crap about myself.

In the 5 years since high school i completely forgot she existed, I went to college, had relationships and now im in a well paid job and making something of myself. A few weeks ago she sent me a friend request on Facebook out of the blue and it surprised me as i said i forgot she existed. Anyway last night she started messaging me on facebook making general small talk and talking like she'd want us to meet up. Since high school it looks like she hasnt been up to much and now has a kid and is a single mum.

What should I do about this because i replied to her messages just to be polite but i really dont want to meet up with her because of the way she treated me.

Say you're really busy currently and drop a hint about a girlfriend (doesn't have to be true).
    That should do it.

ReputationRep:
    I would not touch a single mum with a ten foot bargepole. But good luck.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha she's a single mom trying to get back to you after she sees you doing well.

message her the same thing back.
    " never in a million years would i go out with you"

ReputationRep:
    Just tell her you're not interested. Tell her why if you like, she clearly wasn't nice to you at school so why should you make the effort being nice and polite to her?

[QUOTE=Gorillion;67021236]hahaha she's a single mom trying to get back to you after she sees you doing well.

That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw the message. Who knows maybe she feels bad about the way she treated me and wish she could take it back.

ReputationRep:
    Just tell her you're not interested. By the way you described how she treated you, she's not worth it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.