Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My poor cat :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am taking my cat to the vet today because he vomited blood last night. He has also been off his food for a couple of days. Wish the poor bugger good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    I am taking my cat to the vet today because he vomited blood last night. He has also been off his food for a couple of days. Wish the poor bugger good luck
    :eek: Did he swallow a fishbone or eat something sharp?
    ahhhh,poor kitty....

ReputationRep:
    good luck kitty meow
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    *fingers crossed*

Is he insured?

Good luck my feline friend!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    :eek: Did he swallow a fishbone or eat something sharp?
    ahhhh,poor kitty....
    I dont know. He didnt eat his food yesterday morning. I was out for my graduation and when I got back last night there was pink sick on the floor. He isnt himself either. When he didnt eat his food last night I open some tuna for him (his fave) but he wasnt even bothered about that. He has just hidden away all day and night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    *fingers crossed*

Is he insured?
    No... I keep meaning to arrange it for him but I cant afford it at the moment. Thankfully my mum will help me with the bill. We have insurance on out other cat.

ReputationRep:
    No... I keep meaning to arrange it for him but I cant afford it at the moment. Thankfully my mum will help me with the bill. We have insurance on out other cat.
    Do your cats look similar??
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I dont know. He didnt eat his food yesterday morning. I was out for my graduation and when I got back last night there was pink sick on the floor. He isnt himself either. When he didnt eat his food last night I open some tuna for him (his fave) but he wasnt even bothered about that. He has just hidden away all day and night.
    When are you taking him to the vets?

Has he been drinking? if not try dripping some drops of water on his nose - he'll lick them off. Cats dehydrate really quickly so making sure he's getting even a few drops of water is worthwhile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    Do your cats look similar??
    No, the cat in question is male, ginger and about 7 yeard old. The other cat is female, tortie and about 16 years old, so nice try... but it aint gonna work lol. (Cool avitar btw )

When are you taking him to the vets?

(Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Has he been drinking? if not try dripping some drops of water on his nose - he'll lick them off. Cats dehydrate really quickly so making sure he's getting even a few drops of water is worthwhile.
    He is going this afternoon. Great advice about the water. I have just tried it. He didnt look too happy about it, but he has had some water now at least :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Aw I hope he gets better

ReputationRep:
    good luck! my cat is sleeping and being fat atm

ReputationRep:
    Good look, as a cat lover myself I know how easy it is to get attached to cats, and I bet you're probably very worried at the moment (I know I would be) hopefully your cat will be fine though.

ReputationRep:
    I took him to the vet. They think he has eaten something he shouldnt have. They are keeping him over the wekend on a drip and he is having blood tests to check his kidneys and pancreas (sp). If he is no better by next week they are going to x-ray his abdomen and possibly operate

This is a pic of him btw
    http://www.ratemykitten.com/ratemy/kitten?image=115788

ReputationRep:
    I took him to the vet. They think he has eaten something he shouldnt have. They are keeping him over the wekend on a drip and he is having blood tests to check his kidneys and pancreas (sp). If he is no better by next week they are going to x-ray his abdomen and possibly operate

This is a pic of him btw
    http://www.ratemykitten.com/ratemy/kitten?image=115788
    Aww he's so cute, hopefully he will be ok, it sounds a little bit serious though. I just hope he's not in too much pain.

ReputationRep:
    Your cat is so cute! I really hope it isn't anything too serious and he gets better soon.

ReputationRep:
    That happened to my dog once . Except it wasn't my dog. We were looking after him for some friends while they were on holiday. We don't speak to them anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    Your cat is so cute! I really hope it isn't anything too serious and he gets better soon.
    He looks like Garfield. The computer generated one from the movie.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your kind words everybody. I lost a cat a few years ago and now I am getting worried I am going to lose him too
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    My Panther had an infected tummy a few weeks back...had a very high temperature but we weren't sure if he'd been sick or not because he goes outside (we tried to shut him in when he first showed signs of feeling poorly but he broke the catflap :cool: ). The vet gave him antibiotics and some fluid and we had to give him tablets twice a day for a week or so to finish the course and he was fine within a couple of days...I couldn't believe the change. When he was ill he was hiding under the bed, not eating not drinking and not interested in anything - within a day he was more or less himself again (except still a bit wary of food).

Best wishes...I hope he's home soon and terrorising the house like he should be

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.