Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recieved my AS grades today and I'm really disappointed with them.
    Chemistry-C
    Biology-A
    Statistics-B
    Geography-C
    I'm planning to drop geography and I think I can definitely improve my chemistry and statistics grade for A2 but do I have a hope in hell of applying and being successful with these grades like they currently are... This is my dream and I can't believe whats happened. Please help 😰
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hi Emma, welcome to the forum! :hi:

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your grades, but I promise you that not all is lost! The A level requirements for all the UK vet schools can be found here.. It's your predicted grades that matter more than your AS results, so if you can convince your teachers to predict you at least AAA then you should be set. You will need to resit some chemistry modules as you need to make that into an A by A2. Discuss this with your teachers since they usually prefer to not predict more than one grade above what you achieved at AS.

ReputationRep:
    Don't give up or feel like you've failed, getting an A in Bio shows you are capable. Worst case scenario is that you won't be predicted the AAA minimum necessary to apply to the vet schools - fine, just finish your a levels with AAA then apply with your grades.

It might take an extra year but it's nothing in the grand scheme of things

I got BCDU in as and finished with AAA, so don't be too hard on yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Table dust)
    Don't give up or feel like you've failed, getting an A in Bio shows you are capable. Worst case scenario is that you won't be predicted the AAA minimum necessary to apply to the vet schools - fine, just finish your a levels with AAA then apply with your grades.

It might take an extra year but it's nothing in the grand scheme of things

I got BCDU in as and finished with AAA, so don't be too hard on yourself
    Thank you so much! I've always been open to taking a year out so that is fab! I had no idea that predicted grades could be different from AS grades but you have made me feel so much better after these results! Thank you again 😊

ReputationRep:
    If all else fails, apply with your final grades. That way your AS grades will already have been improved. Can save you wasting an application if you are worried they might not let you apply again, or the as grades might let you down. I know some of them expect you to only be improving by one grade if you are applying with a grade you intend on resitting. So thoroughly research before you make your application if you aren't willing to wait. That way you can focus on the ones that won't mind.
    Don't give up hope, there is always a way!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.