Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do i have hope in getting into a uni like UCL or Kings with the following AS results?
    Chemistry -B
    Biology- A
    English Lit- A
    Maths- A
    My school will predict me the following grades, planning to remark chem
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by HotChocolate007)
    Do i have hope in getting into a uni like UCL or Kings with the following AS results?
    Chemistry -B
    Biology- A
    English Lit- A
    Maths- A
    If your school predict you a B in chem you may have a hard time, but if you can get predicted AAA to include chem and bio then you should have a better chance. Saying this a lot of med schools would still consider you with a B predicted in chemistry, I cannot speak for the ones above (UCL probably not though as they do require A*AA) but have a look around.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Chemistry -B
    Biology- A
    English Lit- A
    Maths- A
    Are you taking all 4 to A2?

You need chemistry at an A - either way. Try and talk to your teachers about upping the prediction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    If your school predict you a B in chem you may have a hard time, but if you can get predicted AAA to include chem and bio then you should have a better chance. Saying this a lot of med schools would still consider you with a B predicted in chemistry, I cannot speak for the ones above (UCL probably not though as they do require A*AA) but have a look around.
    Hopefully i can talk to the teachers and see what they say, need to wait until school starts which is a pain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Are you taking all 4 to A2?

You need chemistry at an A - either way. Try and talk to your teachers about upping the prediction.
    I wanted to drop english lit but my school is picky on which subjects to drop, since i got an A in english and B in chem, they would rather me drop chem.

I will talk to the teachers though thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I wanted to drop english lit but my school is picky on which subjects to drop, since i got an A in english and B in chem, they would rather me drop chem.

I'd advise to take chemistry for medicine - the vast majority of medical schools need it.

ReputationRep:

Don't let them make you drop chemistry! Say you need it for your application, they can't make you do a subject you don't want to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    I'd advise to take chemistry for medicine - the vast majority of medical schools need it.
    Defo, I understand that but I'm not sure if my school will!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Defo, I understand that but I'm not sure if my school will!
    Fight your hardest - say you'll work hard and are happy to maybe do a mock exam for your teacher to show that you've been working at it, etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Don't let them make you drop chemistry! Say you need it for your application, they can't make you do a subject you don't want to do
    Yeah ofc, I will do work before school starts and hopefully show them that I'm capable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Fight your hardest - say you'll work hard and are happy to maybe do a mock exam for your teacher to show that you've been working at it, etc?
    I sure will thanks... will keep you updated on how it goes

ReputationRep:
    update after 1 yr xD i didnt get any offers first time round due to the B in chem but 3A*s at Alevel so hoping to reapply.

ReputationRep:
    update after 1 yr xD i didnt get any offers first time round due to the B in chem but 3A*s at Alevel so hoping to reapply.
    Wow! well done on the amazing results!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.