Turn on thread page Beta

Provisional Licence - How long did yours take to arrive? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, as I turned 18 last Sunday (At PITP! ) and decided to finally get some sort of ID sorted as, 'no I don't have a passport' lol. I'm sending all the forms etc off today and just wondered how long it took for you to receive yours after sending.

Any help will be appreciated, thanx!

ReputationRep:
    it should take 1-2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsychBrainiac)
    Just wondering, as I turned 18 last Sunday (At PITP! ) and decided to finally get some sort of ID sorted as, 'no I don't have a passport' lol. I'm sending all the forms etc off today and just wondered how long it took for you to receive yours after sending.

Mine took about 2 weeks...I think...

ReputationRep:
    mine arrived about 1 week after applying

ReputationRep:
    about a week or so. officially it can take up to 3 weeks, but they seem to be a fairly efficient department.

ReputationRep:
    Thanx everyone who replied, I now know how long to wait before expecting it!

- PsychBrainiac

ReputationRep:
    how much is it now?? I should have applied a long time ago! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    It's £38.

ReputationRep:
    my provisional license took about 2 weeks to arrive and my passport (which i sent for ID) was sent back seperatley after 1 week.

ReputationRep:
    about ten days, but i read in the guidelines that it should be sent to you within 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    While I'm correcting the abuse of the apostrophe in the thread title, I'll point out that I passed my driving test today! YES!! Only 4 minors as well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    While I'm correcting the abuse of the apostrophe in the thread title, I'll point out that I passed my driving test today! YES!! Only 4 minors as well...
    Woo, well done. First time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Woo, well done. First time?
    Well, first time this year Took it 3 times last year in the spring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    Well, first time this year Took it 3 times last year in the spring.
    Ahh, nice to finally pass then. I've got my 3rd test coming up.

ReputationRep:
    i passed first time with 14 minors beat that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsychBrainiac)

took me about a month.

ReputationRep:
    edders lol

Anywayz congrats, feel free to correct the z as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jay9386)
    i passed first time with 14 minors beat that
    lol, i got 11 and burst into tears :cool:... that was 2 weeks ago and i've been away a week so in 7 days worth of driving i already feel a better driver, i'm much more confident, read the road better etc

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    4 days

ReputationRep:
    i sent mine off about 2 months before my 17th. 6 weeks later i moaned to my mum that it hadn't arrived (my passport had) and i was going to ring up... turned out she'd interccepted my post and it had actually taken about 10 days. i got given it on my 17th birthday :rolleyes:

my proper one is taking longer to come (will be 2 weeks on monday)- but it's pink

lou xxx

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.