Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have long-ish hair and i think girls prefer it too, i used to have it really short. I used to have short hair because my mum forced me and now calls me a scruf with longer hair.
    I just wondered what the lovely ladies on this forum think?
    Short or long hair, or somewhere in between???

ReputationRep:
    Short and long are such vague descriptions. Where is the line between them? Is 'long' past an inch or two or past the ears or the shoulders or what? I generally prefer a few inches or less but it depends on the guy's face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunthulhu)
    Short and long are such vague descriptions. Where is the line between them? Is 'long' past an inch or two or past the ears or the shoulders or what? I generally prefer a few inches or less but it depends on the guy's face.
    I agree, it's difficult to know what short and long are supposed to connotate. Perhaps brackets of maybe 0-1 inch, 1-3 inch, 3-10 inch and >10 inch would make it easier?

I've got moderately long hair (reaches just about down to my mouth from my forehead if you pull it down, so maybe 6 inches) and my girlfriend would slaughter me if I went back to having short hair. I by far prefer having my hair longer anyway - the scruffy look befits a mathematician.

ReputationRep:
    if by long you mean floppy long hair or shoulder lenght....and short 1" to 3"....then absolutely short...but not skin head or shaved...

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your face type / general style. I like anything from a messy 2 - 3 inches, to a shoulder length mane.

ReputationRep:
    Short but not very short

ReputationRep:
    long enough to style nicely

ReputationRep:
    Long! I adore my boyfriends long messy past-shoulder length locks. Its so incredibly sexy on a guy.

ReputationRep:
    i think long enough to be slightly messed up. works for most. although i am partial to a bit of skinhead too...

(before you scoff, i have two words - Justin. Timberlake.)

ReputationRep:
    I have fairly long hair, up to just above my shoulders, i think that suits me most, although I do cut it really short every now & then adds some variety.
    I think long hair allows me to keep me looking scruffy or smooth, whereas shorter is abit more boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k-lee C)
    i think long enough to be slightly messed up. works for most. although i am partial to a bit of skinhead too...

(before you scoff, i have two words - Justin. Timberlake.)
    does he have a skin head? ive actually never noticed, but yes, he is a good example :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Short - anything from bald or skinhead through to maybe an inch or two that can be styled. Long hair on guys does nothing for me I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Definately depends on what type of face you have. I've met some guys who need a decent amount of hair to balance things out because otherwise their facial features look too harsh, but also some guys who actually look quite odd with any hair at all.

I used to think I preferred long hair, then the guy I like (well... if you can call it that) cut his and I realised that I actually preferred it short. So there's not really a one size fits all approach, i'm inclined to like whatever works best with the facial features of the guy.

ReputationRep:
    Long hair! Any wear from slightly shaggy to below the shoulders is just drool
    Unless its really short..like Army short

ReputationRep:
    i like most men with longish hair, not shoulder length though!!!!

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the person, some blokes with long hair look a bit try hard and some with skin heads look like thugs. I don't mind as long as its well kept and not greasy. I hate it when men have longer hair(shoulder length) and it's all greasy and tangled!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigerladie)
    i like most men with longish hair, not shoulder length though!!!!
    That's me

ReputationRep:
    I love long hair on guys - obviously a well conditioned barnet is a must, so no greasy rat's tails for me!!
    I don't like it too long, so anything past the shoulders isn't for me.

Oh and it has to be dark - long blonde hair on a guy just doesn't look right imo.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the guy. I know men who really suit long hair (like, below the shoulder), and other guys who suit short hair.

Personally, i like men to have short hair - where they can style it or summut or like Mr J.T as someone mentioned. Long hair - nuh uh not my cuppa T on a bloke.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.