The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Undergraduate Admissions 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by awd1998
hi. received an offer from Glasgow on UCAS but no confirmation or any communication for Glasgow university itself. Is that normal.

Hi there, offer confirmations will be getting sent from next week onwards!
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by Nuba123
When will the interviews/rejections for undergrad medicine be rolling out?

Hello! Interviews for Medicine will be held week commencing 12th December and week commencing 6th February. Around a week's notice will be given, so those being invited for December interviews will be contacted towards the end of November/beginning of December. I hope that helps! Interview advice can be found at: http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/medicine/mus/admissions/mbchbinterviews/
- Kelly, UG Admissions
Reply 62
Original post by University of Glasgow admissions
Hi there, offer confirmations will be getting sent from next week onwards!

ok thanks
Reply 63
Hello Kelly!

I'm interested in applying to UG but am having a bit of difficulty assessing my chances of admission as a EU resident.. Realistically speaking I would like to see if I stand a chance as an apparent "adult learner" at getting an offer as I do sincerely wish to attend in 2017 but do not want to get my hopes up. UG would be amazing.

Name: Jose
Nationality/residence: Portuguese, lisbon
Pretended degree: Bsc in Biological Science (Cellular/molecular biology)
Current education - Diploma de Ensino Secundario (Portuguese high school final score = 14.5 / 20, with a 17/20 score in Biology and 18/20 in English on final national examinations. I also have an American GED ( total standard score 323, average standard 64)

I will be taking the IELTS shortly and have taken the TOEFL in years past with a score of 113 (old score standards/ high proficiency), if relevant should I apply via UCAS or directly with the University?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ZRCosta
Hello Kelly!

I'm interested in applying to UG but am having a bit of difficulty assessing my chances of admission as a EU resident.. Realistically speaking I would like to see if I stand a chance as an apparent "adult learner" at getting an offer as I do sincerely wish to attend in 2017 but do not want to get my hopes up. UG would be a dream come true.

Name: Jose
Nationality/residence: Portuguese, lisbon
Pretended degree: Bsc in Biological Science (Cellular/molecular biology)
Current education - Diploma de Ensino Secundario (Portuguese high school final score = 14.5 / 20, with a 17/20 score in Biology and 18/20 in English on final national examinations. I also have an American GED ( total standard score 323, average standard 64)

I will be taking the IELTS shortly and have taken the TOEFL in years past with a score of 113 (old score standards/ high proficiency), if relevant should I apply via UCAS or directly with the University?

Hi Jose! Thanks for your question. I am very sorry to advise that you don't currently meet our entry requirements :frown: We would require the Diploma de Ensino Secundario with overall average score of 18, with 19 in relevant subjects. We don't accept the US High School Diploma on its own for admission; we need SAT Subject Tests or APs. There is no adult learner admissions policy, so everyone has to meet the same entry requirements, and we don't accept transfers from other institutions.

Maybe you could take up a relevant Foundation course at a college local to you which would meet our entry requirements? Best of luck for your future studies :smile:

Best wishes
- Kelly, UG Admissions
I've applied for law and have sat the LNAT exam. Should I have received an email to say that the University has got my results?
Original post by heather46
I've applied for law and have sat the LNAT exam. Should I have received an email to say that the University has got my results?

Hello! No acknowledgement goes out from the University. The results are transmitted automatically from LNAT - but we will do a check after the deadline to ensure no results have gone astray before making final decisions.
-Kelly, UG Admissions
Hello!
I'm amazingly excited to have received an offer from Glasgow. As part of my offer I must go to the Summer School next year. I think this is an amazing opportunity but I'm wondering if there is a deadline for registering for the school?
Thanks!
Original post by natashac99
Hello!
I'm amazingly excited to have received an offer from Glasgow. As part of my offer I must go to the Summer School next year. I think this is an amazing opportunity but I'm wondering if there is a deadline for registering for the school?
Thanks!

It's great to hear that you are excited about your offer! It is nice to hear feedback like this while we (the Admissions team) are busy with UCAS applications!

Summer School registration closes on May 6th. You can find lots of useful information about it, including how to register, at the following link: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/wideningparticipation/supportingaccesstogeneralsubjects/summerschool/. I'm sure you'll find it very worthwhile! :smile:

Kelly, UG Admissions
Hello,

I received an automated email telling me I could not be made an offer yet due to my results not meeting the standard (I got AAABC), however I know of more than a few people who have been given offers (mostly for the same courses I'm applying to), despite having the same results as me, or worse. Does this mean that my application has been disregarded until March, or will it still be looked and will I have the possibility of getting an offer before then? It's made me awfully stressed being the only one of my friends having gotten that email, and sitting here with nothing...

Thank you!

P.S. I am applying for English Literature and French :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi!
When does registration for summer school open? I tried filling in the form as the guide said but when I typed in 'summer school' it said that No programmes were found.
Thank you!
Original post by vanilla.latte
Hello,

I received an automated email telling me I could not be made an offer yet due to my results not meeting the standard (I got AAABC), however I know of more than a few people who have been given offers (mostly for the same courses I'm applying to), despite having the same results as me, or worse. Does this mean that my application has been disregarded until March, or will it still be looked and will I have the possibility of getting an offer before then? It's made me awfully stressed being the only one of my friends having gotten that email, and sitting here with nothing...

Thank you!

P.S. I am applying for English Literature and French :smile:

Hello! There are lots of reasons someone might get an offer while someone else doesn't get one right away. If you would like me to check your application, please PM me with your name and UCAS number. If someone is told their application is being held, it this means that we have to wait until all applications are received to then review if we are able to make any additional offers. It is unlikely that you would get an offer before the end of March because it takes a long time to do this review. I'm sorry I can't put your mind at rest, but PM me if you would like me to check your application further!
- Kelly, UG Admissions
Original post by natashac99
Hi!
When does registration for summer school open? I tried filling in the form as the guide said but when I typed in 'summer school' it said that No programmes were found.
Thank you!

Hi! Registrations for 2017 Summer School aren't open yet, which is why you haven't been able to find it! The application process is being slightly updated, and should be open late December/January. Feel free to email our Summer School Co-Ordinator on [email protected] who will be able to give you more information!
- Kelly, UG Admissions
Hello
If I'm applying with American High School qualifications do I need a High School Diploma or are AP Exam grades and SATs enough on their own?
Reply 74
Hello!

Just wondering if anyone has received an offer for a "Life Science"? If so, how quick did you hear back?
Reply 75
Hi!

I am considering applying to Glasgow for the Business Management course with the IB. On your site, it says that your minimum requirements are 34 points. However, the "standard requirement" is 38. What does this mean? I have a predicted score of 37 - do I have much of a chance to receive an offer?
Hi, I applied for Law (undergraduate) at the start of November, and was wondering when typically do you think I will receive a decision?
Any idea how long it takes to receive offers for Computing Science?
Reply 78
Original post by jaysinn
Hello! I was wondering if glasgow sends out a confirmation email once they receive your ucas application. I've received the confirmation email from all the schools i have applied to except for glasgow :/

i got the rest of my uni's ones very quickly but glasgow took around 3 days to get to me to say welcome! sit tight it'll be on the way im sure x
Reply 79
Original post by amyfogg
i got the rest of my uni's ones very quickly but glasgow took around 3 days to get to me to say welcome! sit tight it'll be on the way im sure x

Hahaha thanks but I asked this a long time ago :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending