stanmer court

University Navigation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi, I've been placed in stanmer court, anyone who lived there give me some info about it please

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblegumcat)
    hi, I've been placed in stanmer court, anyone who lived there give me some info about it please

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My girlfriend lived there (so I visited a lot), and I have to say it's a really nice accommodation! The bedrooms were a nice size and it's quite modern, especially the kitchens.

You're off campus slightly, but you're right next to the train station and main bus stop so you can easily hop into town! Hope that's helped

ReputationRep:
    I've been put in stanmer courts too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    My girlfriend lived there (so I visited a lot), and I have to say it's a really nice accommodation! The bedrooms were a nice size and it's quite modern, especially the kitchens.

You're off campus slightly, but you're right next to the train station and main bus stop so you can easily hop into town! Hope that's helped
    that's nice to know, thanks apparently it's mostly got internationals in there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella.ferriter)
    I've been put in stanmer courts too
    oh hey, maybe I'll see you around haha what course are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    that's nice to know, thanks apparently it's mostly got internationals in there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sussex Uni is quite renowned for it's diversity and many international students, so I think it just depends - I lived in Lewes Court and I was sharing with one spanish girl and two chinese boys!

ReputationRep:
    oh hey, maybe I'll see you around haha what course are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah maybe haha, I'm doing law you?

ReputationRep:
    Sussex Uni is quite renowned for it's diversity and many international students, so I think it just depends - I lived in Lewes Court and I was sharing with one spanish girl and two chinese boys!
    what were they like? I heard the internationals aren't really sociable :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella.ferriter)
    Yeah maybe haha, I'm doing law you?
    chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what were they like? I heard the internationals aren't really sociable :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The Spanish girl was really sociable and we often went out with her friends, so that was great! The Chinese guys were sociable at first, but then they kind of locked themselves away and played League of Legends

But honestly, I feel like its luck of the draw with flatmates - you're just going to have to see what happens

ReputationRep:
    The Spanish girl was really sociable and we often went out with her friends, so that was great! The Chinese guys were sociable at first, but then they kind of locked themselves away and played League of Legends

But honestly, I feel like its luck of the draw with flatmates - you're just going to have to see what happens
    ahh I see, I'm just very worried as I kinda struggle with making friends, any tips on making good friends at this uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ahh I see, I'm just very worried as I kinda struggle with making friends, any tips on making good friends at this uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It probably isn't that useful, but honestly the best advice I can give is be yourself. Cliche I know, but everyone will be panicking about whether they will make friends as it is natural - but at uni, it just happens.

For example, after 2 days with my flatmates I felt as though I had known them for years! You also meet people in your courses

Good 'icebreaker' questions to ask are the usual:

- Where are you from?
    - What course are you doing?
    - Where do you live on campus?

You will get used to asking/answering those If you don't like your flatmates, don't feel as though you're stuck with them either - as I'm sure there will be plenty of flat parties in Stanmer. Uni just seems to throw a load of coincidences at you and before you know it you've met friends for life!

ReputationRep:
    I've heard it is the least sociable on campus. But I'd be glad for you if you proved that wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freddie010)
    I've heard it is the least sociable on campus. But I'd be glad for you if you proved that wrong.
    I think it's more... everyone in Stanmer knows one another really well - but everyone on campus mixes more obviously. During Freshers week, it doesn't really matter - everyone goes to all halls

ReputationRep:
    I think it's more... everyone in Stanmer knows one another really well - but everyone on campus mixes more obviously. During Freshers week, it doesn't really matter - everyone goes to all halls

Edit: Sorry if there are multiple posts of the same thing... the site is going mad

ReputationRep:
    It probably isn't that useful, but honestly the best advice I can give is be yourself. Cliche I know, but everyone will be panicking about whether they will make friends as it is natural - but at uni, it just happens.

For example, after 2 days with my flatmates I felt as though I had known them for years! You also meet people in your courses

Good 'icebreaker' questions to ask are the usual:

- Where are you from?
    - What course are you doing?
    - Where do you live on campus?

You will get used to asking/answering those If you don't like your flatmates, don't feel as though you're stuck with them either - as I'm sure there will be plenty of flat parties in Stanmer. Uni just seems to throw a load of coincidences at you and before you know it you've met friends for life!
    hmm, I see, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that as well :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Edit: Sorry if there are multiple posts of the same thing... the site is going mad
    also wanted to ask, were you able to manage money wise? since this accommodation is very expensive :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    also wanted to ask, were you able to manage money wise? since this accommodation is very expensive :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes definitely! It was a bit tight near the end of the term, but it was manageable

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Stanmer Court too! Bit worried about it being far away from everyone else on campus, but I've just found one of my flatmates on Facebook and he seems nice enough! What flat no. you guys in? - might be sensible not to post it on an open forum like this, so PM me!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What social media "stories" do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.