Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    19/30 Oral (5)
    11/25 Paper 1 (4)
    20/25 Paper 2 (7)
    34/40 World Lit (7)

Total 67, Final 5. May 06 had 68 minimum for a 6, so all I need is a point or two. Should I go for the remark? Paper 1 I wrote in a very eccentric fashion, that I would normally never have done, but I figured the examiner might like an alternate (certainly valid) approach; apparently not. But it is subjective to mark, so who knows.

ReputationRep:
    SL or HL?

ReputationRep:
    ok assuming the way the papers are broken down is the same as HL and SL my calculations show that you are 1% of going up to the next grade, if you were on SL boundaries you would be 11% off, but yeh going with this years boundaries your only 1% off, get that money in :p:

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: I say go for it that' 11/25 looks out of place;yes;

ReputationRep:
    Go for it

ReputationRep:
    Ouch, two 7s and a 5 for final?? Yeah, I'd say definitely go for the remark.

ReputationRep:
    you definitively should. more so if you feel that your paper one could go farther up in hands of another examiner.

ReputationRep:
    my teacher says this thing is full of politics 'ib don't like to admit their wrong' all that BS i sent mine through anyway 2 more marks in french...and for a 6! i thought i'd have a 7 straightup,,,crazy :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coll_dood)
    19/30 Oral (5)
    11/25 Paper 1 (4)
    20/25 Paper 2 (7)
    34/40 World Lit (7)

Total 67, Final 5. May 06 had 68 minimum for a 6, so all I need is a point or two. Should I go for the remark? Paper 1 I wrote in a very eccentric fashion, that I would normally never have done, but I figured the examiner might like an alternate (certainly valid) approach; apparently not. But it is subjective to mark, so who knows.
    Why is that 67%? and not 84/120=70%. Clearly it's not 70% or else you'd be a clear 6. How do they actually convert the component scores to the overall percentage. Anyone got a link to the methodology? thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Latin127)
    Why is that 67%? and not 84/120=70%. Clearly it's not 70% or else you'd be a clear 6. How do they actually convert the component scores to the overall percentage. Anyone got a link to the methodology? thanks.
    Obviously these component percentages are weighted according to a predetermined value. Where do you get these weightings? So in the above example, what are the respective weightings for the 4 components in order to arrive at the overall percentage. Are these component weightings available somewhere for the various subjects?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Latin127)
    Are these component weightings available somewhere for the various subjects?
    They're in the syllabus.

ReputationRep:
    for SL its 50% coursework 25% for each paper and 20 % for WL and 15% for each oral

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.