The Student Room Group

Can I apply for an ABB course if I'm predicted BBB?

So I got my AS results today and from the looks of it, I'm going to be predicted BBB. The course I want at the uni I'm looking at is asking for ABB. Is there any chance at all that I can get into it if I apply?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
So I got my AS results today and from the looks of it, I'm going to be predicted BBB. The course I want at the uni I'm looking at is asking for ABB. Is there any chance at all that I can get into it if I apply?

What AS grades did you get ?
Original post by money-for-all
What AS grades did you get ?

BCC. The B is an A2 so that won't change. I'm sending one of the Cs off for a remark.
Reply 3
Offering BBB predictions against a typical offer of ABB is a high risk choice and not generally recommended. If your AS grades are substantially below BBB I'd say you wouldn't stand any chance of getting an offer - and if you did it would be one that's challenging for you to meet.

Hi there,

It is always worth contacting them and seeing if they would accept those grades. Would you be applying through clearing? If the university is an insurance or a firm and they reject you I believe you cant apply for that course in clearing.

If you need any help with clearing or would like some advice about available courses then you can always give us a call on 03330 432 414 or if you would prefer to speak to someone online then you can use our Live Chat system.

Good luck!
Jack
University of Gloucestershire
Original post by Minerva
Offering BBB predictions against a typical offer of ABB is a high risk choice and not generally recommended. If your AS grades are substantially below BBB I'd say you wouldn't stand any chance of getting an offer - and if you did it would be one that's challenging for you to meet.

I got a solid B in one and 2 Cs. One C I was 3 marks away from the next grade and the other C was about 5 marks away from a B.
Original post by University of Gloucestershire
Hi there,

It is always worth contacting them and seeing if they would accept those grades. Would you be applying through clearing? If the university is an insurance or a firm and they reject you I believe you cant apply for that course in clearing.

If you need any help with clearing or would like some advice about available courses then you can always give us a call on 03330 432 414 or if you would prefer to speak to someone online then you can use our Live Chat system.

Good luck!
Jack

Hi,

Yeah I would consider calling them but I checked the uni's twitter and they're swamped with calls today :tongue:
Reply 7
At AS I got AAC and was predicted ABB. I applied to a range and even the top Unis gave out offers. E.g. Notts @ AAA, Lancaster @ AAB, and so forth.

I am 100% sure getting offers is very easy if you have a half decent PS, grades and the potential. It's getting the A2 thats the actual hard bit.
Hi,

Yeah I would consider calling them but I checked the uni's twitter and they're swamped with calls today :tongue:

You could always be one of those calls, you can try their admissions team and or clearing team.

If you want you could look at other universities in the mean time if you are after a contingency plan.

You just need to do your research and make sure that no matter what happens you end up at a university that fits your criteria.

Any other questions please feel free to let me know.

Jack
Original post by TrojanH
At AS I got AAC and was predicted ABB. I applied to a range and even the top Unis gave out offers. E.g. Notts @ AAA, Lancaster @ AAB, and so forth.

I am 100% sure getting offers is very easy if you have a half decent PS, grades and the potential. It's getting the A2 thats the actual hard bit.

Yeah Nottingham is the one I'm looking at atm :tongue: Thanks though, it's nice to know I won't be too doomed.
Reply 10
It's only one grade higher than your predicted so it's perfectly fine to put it down as a choice imo. You're usually encouraged to do one aspirational choice.
I'm sure you can achieve it too, especially if you are remarking or consider a resit perhaps. Plenty of people exceed their predicted grades, All the best :h:
I got a solid B in one and 2 Cs. One C I was 3 marks away from the next grade and the other C was about 5 marks away from a B.
If the remarks don't come back in your favour, and you are looking at offering BCC AS grades and BBB predictions, I'd advise against applying for an ABB choice. Getting higher prediction is not a solution, as it's the gap that will be the problem from an admissions tutor's point of view.
Hi there,

Good luck!
Jack

OP has only just got her AS results, so this is not going to help today.
You could always be one of those calls, you can try their admissions team and or clearing team.

If you want you could look at other universities in the mean time if you are after a contingency plan.

You just need to do your research and make sure that no matter what happens you end up at a university that fits your criteria.

Any other questions please feel free to let me know.

Jack
This poster hasn't done her A2s yet, so it would be inappropriate for her to try and get through today to ask for advice about an application she won't be submitting for at least a couple of months.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
OP has only just got her AS results, so this is not going to help today.

oh sorry I misread the post. hopefully it helps anyone that may be watching the thread.
oh sorry I misread the post. hopefully it helps anyone that may be watching the thread.

It's fine :smile:
Bump
Bump
Not sure there's anything else people can add to what's already been said.
Original post by Minerva
If the remarks don't come back in your favour, and you are looking at offering BCC AS grades and BBB predictions, I'd advise against applying for an ABB choice. Getting higher prediction is not a solution, as it's the gap that will be the problem from an admissions tutor's point of view.

hey i got BBC, possibly will get predicted AAB
would you recommend applying to an AAB uni, considering my AS Results ?
Thanks
Original post by money-for-all
hey i got BBC, possibly will get predicted AAB
would you recommend applying to an AAB uni, considering my AS Results ?
Thanks
The quote you included in your post answers your question. There's nothing to stop you from trying but you will either get an outright rejection or an offer you may struggle to meet. In any case, I would suggest including only one AAB choice amongst your five, if you do at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending